Mastercard Travel & Lifestyle Services American Airlines Status Offer
Our friend Bethany at Bougie Miles has done it again. She chewed someone’s ear off on the phone for hours to unearth a pretty awesome American Airlines status offer from Mastercard Travel & Lifestyle services. This is even better than the Amex Travel discounts deal she found a few months back. All you need to have is a World Elite Mastercard in your possession.
Details of the Offer
What is great about this offer is that it requires no status with other airlines and it doesn’t require a ton of spend or flights. Actually the spending amount doesn’t matter at all, just the flights…which is only two! Let’s take a look at the details:
- To qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold Status:
- book and travel on two domestic round-trip flights (any cabin) OR
- one domestic round-trip flight (main cabin) and one international round-trip flight (main cabin)
- To qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® Platinum Status:
- book and travel on two international round-trip flights (any cabin) OR
- one domestic round-trip flight (main cabin) and one international round-trip flight (premium cabin)
- If you already have AAdvantage® Gold Status:
- you will be awarded with AAdvantage® Platinum Status when completing two round-trip flights within the 90-day period
These flights must be completed by March 31st, 2021 and you must book through the concierge. And the status is good until January 31, 2022.
- This offer is valid for bookings placed up to and including March 31, 2021.
- The offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion that may be available
- This offer is subject to availability, changes and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Payment method: major credit card or debit card
- Flight bookings must be confirmed through the concierge for the benefit to be applied to the reservation.
- Travelers must have an active AAdvantage® account and AAdvantage® credentials must be in the PNR.
- Upgrade status to any level above Platinum is not offered.
- Elite status will be processed within 30 days of the second trip being completed.
- This benefit is only applicable, if the traveler listed in the reservation is the one who has flown.
- Trips booked with AAdvantage® miles or Business Extra® points are not eligible for this offer. (this is standard of course with any elite status requirements.)
This deal is pretty crazy for anyone interested in American Airlines status. I like that you can even upgrade your current Gold status (which people may have from FoundersCard or Hyatt etc.) with it. And the fact that you can book any two flights, regardless of price, makes it one of the best offers out there.
Even if you don’t really want American status you could use it to do a status match to an airline that you do want status with. If you have some flights upcoming it is worth considering at least.
Be sure to check out Bougie Miles since Bethany is the one that alerted us to this deal.
All that is left to say is…..