American Express Reveals Top Travel Trends for 2023
American Express Travel released today its 2023 Global Travel Trends Report today, highlighting global trends that are expected to be an inspiration for people to travel this year.
The report, based on survey data from travelers from the United States, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Japan, India and the United Kingdom, found that more than half (52%) of respondents say they plan to take more trips this year than last year and 50% of respondents are planning to spend more money on travel in 2023 than 2022.
84% of Gen Z and Millennials surveyed would rather take a dream vacation than purchase a new luxury item, and 79% agree that travel is an important budget priority.
Top insights from American Express Travel’s 2023 Global Travel Trends Report include:
- Pop culture and social media are influencing the rise of “set-jetting,” especially among younger travelers.
- 75% of respondents agree that they have been inspired to travel to a specific destination by social media
- 70% of Gen Z and Millennials surveyed agree that they have been inspired to visit a destination after seeing it featured in a TV show, news source, or movie
- 46% of Gen Z and Millennials surveyed say they have been inspired to travel to a destination because of Instagram
- From visiting top restaurants and local favorites to taking a cooking class, food has a huge impact on where people travel.
- 81% of respondents agree that trying local foods and cuisines is the part of traveling they look forward to the most
- 66% of Gen Z and Millennials surveyed agree that they get most of their eating-while-traveling inspiration from social media
- Nearly half (47%) of Gen Z and Millennials surveyed agree that they have planned an entire trip around visiting a specific restaurant
- Prioritizing self-care is leading to a rise in restorative vacations.
- 73% of respondents are planning vacations to better their mental, physical, and emotional health this year
- 60% of Gen Z and Millennials surveyed say they go out of their way to book hotels that offer spa and wellness services
- Travelers want to discover hidden gems and support the local communities they visit.
- 85% of respondents want to visit a place where they can truly experience the local culture
- 78% of respondents are interested in going on vacations that support local communities in 2023
You can see the full report here.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
[…] Reveals Top Travel Trends for 2023: I always like to look at statistics. Check out this post on Miles to Memories that highlights some of the results of this Amex […]