Amex Offering $200 Bonus for Savings Account
American Express is targeting some existing credit cardholders with an offer to earn a $200 bonus. To get this bonus you need to open a new American Express High Yield Savings account and deposit $25,000. Let’s take a look at the details.
Earn a $200 Cash Bonus when you deposit $25,000 or more into a new American Express High Yield Savings Account. This is the link to the Amex Savings account, but there is no bonus listed on the site.
The offer is available to email recipients who don’t have an existing Savings account. Funds must be deposited by March 7, 2022 and held for 90 days.
- Offer is not available to:
- non-American Express Card Members
- American Express Card Members who did not receive this email from American Express directly, or
- American Express Card Members who have been named as a primary or joint holder on an active American Express High Yield Savings Account as of the date on which the email was sent (2/15/2022).
- High Yield Savings Accounts that were active prior to the date on which this email was sent by American Express are not eligible for this offer.
- You can reach the Threshold Amount through one or more deposits, provided that the total Threshold Amount is reached and posted to your account by 11:59pm ET on March 7, 2022.
- Funds must be held in the account during the 90-day period that begins on March 8, 2022 and ends on June 5, 2022, after which the bonus will be credited to your account within 8-12 weeks.
- If funds in the account drop below the Threshold Amount at any point during the 90-day period, the account will no longer be eligible for the promotion.
You must have received an email from American Express to be eligible for this $200 bonus.
This is a good offer if you have the $25,000 required for the bonus. You must deposit the money into a new American Express High Yield Savings Account and keep it there for three months. That works out to a 3.20% APY, which is much better than other banks. Plus the account earns 0.50% APY.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
I got the Amex offer, trashed it instantly. They have the intestinal fortitude to ask for
25 large and give back less than 1%??? Who in their right mind would do this? Let me rewrite this offer,…
“Do you have 25K laying around not invested properly? Give it to us and we will pee on you afterwards. Thanks for being incredibly stupid”.
Got the offer, but just don’t have 25K lying around…..