Amex Amazon Business Card
Amazon and American Express announced today the launch of the new Amex Amazon Business card. There’s actually only one new card, instead of two, which was the rumor based on leaked images. But the card will have different perks and signup bonus depending on whether the cardholder is a Prime member or not.
Application Page (affiliate link)
The card comes with a unique option. Cardholders can choose between cashback and interest free financing for each purchase.
- 5% Back or 90-day payment terms for eligible Prime members (including Business Prime) on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
- 3% Back or 60-day payment terms for all other customers on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
Additional card benefits for all Amazon Business American Express Card Members include:
- 2% Back on purchases at U.S. restaurants and gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers.
- 1% Back on other eligible purchases.
- Access to line-item details on purchases made on Amazon Business (U.S.) such as cost per item and quantity, giving more visibility into and trackability of business purchases.
- For a limited time, select Amazon Business American Express Card Members can receive a complimentary year of the Business Prime Essentials plan – a $179 value from Amazon – when they sign-up for a free trial and add a workmate to their Amazon Business account within 30 days of card approval.
Upon sign-up, eligible Prime members will receive a $125 Amazon.com gift card and all other customers will receive a $100 Amazon.com gift card.
Amex Amazon Business card has no annual fee.
The option to choose either 5% cashback or a 90-day interest free payment is interesting. It could be a useful for businesses. It’s a different offering that we haven’t seen from other cards in the past. That only applies to Prime members though. If you don’t have Prime membership you get to choose between 3% cashback and 60 days interest-free.
The bonus is small, only $100 for non-Prime members, and $125 for those with a Prime membership. But the card has no annual fee. It could be a good long term option for those with lots of Amazon purchases.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.