Amex Business Checking Account Now Offers 30K Bonus
American Express launched a business checking account for small businesses last year, offering a $300 bonus. Then a few months ago, Amex made a an interesting improvement. You can now use the account to convert Membership Rewards points to cash. There was also a 20,000 points bonus when the new feature was announced.
Now the signup bonus has been increased to 30,000 Membership Rewards points, while the requirements stay the same. Let’s see all the details.
Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points when you meet each of the following qualifying criteria:
- Open your first American Express® Business Checking account, which is subject to approval;
- Deposit a total of $5,000 or more in “new money” into your account within twenty (20) days of account opening
- Maintain an average balance in your account of at least $5,000 for sixty (60) days, starting on the date that your deposits of new money are equal to $5,000 or greater; and
- Complete 10 qualifying transactions within sixty (60) days of account opening (mobile deposits, and electronic/online transactions, including ACH, Wire, and Bill Payments made to or from your account)
After you have completed all the above qualifying criteria, American Express will credit the Membership Rewards points to the Membership Rewards Program Account linked to your American Express® Business Checking account within 8-12 weeks.
Here are some of the main features of the American Express® Business Checking account:
- Earn 1.10% APY on balances up to $500K
- No monthly fee
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for every $2 of Business Debit Purchases.
- Fee-free ATM access at MoneyPass locations in the U.S.
This is a good option to keep in mind, if you need to cash your Membership Rewards points. While the Schwab Platinum card gives you a better value (1.1 vs 1.0), this is a free option that lets you redeem Amex points for cash.
Plus, if you apply now, you also get a bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points which is the best offer yet for this account. You also earn a 1.1% APY. That’s no longer a great rate, but it’s better than many other major banks.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.