New Amex Business Platinum Upgrade Offer – 85K Membership Rewards
Doug at the Travel Rewards Warrior Facebook Group sent me the details on an awesome offer he saw in his American Express account this morning. It was an upgrade offer on his Business Gold card to the Business Platinum card. He found it in his Amex Offers section. Let’s take a look at the details of the offer.
Business Platinum Upgrade Offer Details
The offer is as follows:
- Upgrade to the Business Platinum card and earn 85,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $10,000 within the first 3 months.
- You will be charged the $595 annual fee (or a proration of it).
Business Platinum Card Details
- 5X points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- 1.5X Points per dollar on eligible purchases of $5,000 of more
- 1X on all other purchases
- Use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of an eligible fare and get 35% of those points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across 120 countries
- Up to a $200 Credit a year for baggage fees and more on one airline
- Up to $200 in Dell credits every year ($100 the first 6 months and $100 the second 6 months of the year)
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre® ($85) with an eligible Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Hilton Honors™ Gold status
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Status
You should also be eligible for the temporary increased earning (5X) on the following categories.
- Office supplies
Who Shouldn’t Take The Offer
If you have never had the Business Platinum card then taking this upgrade offer will trigger the once per lifetime language on the Business Platinum card. So you would technically not be eligible for a future welcome offer on the card (the enforcement doesn’t always match the terms here). So that is something to consider. Some people will still want to take it since the spend is $5,000 lower than the normal welcome offer. Just something to be aware of when making your decision on the offer.
This is a pretty great offer if you can meet the spend requirements. I would be a lot more tempted to jump on this at $10,000 versus the normal $15,000 required. Unfortunately I have only had my Business Gold a few months and was not eligible.
Check your Amex Offers section for the offer, it should be right at the top. I heard from a few others that they had it as well so it may be somewhat loosely targeted. Thanks again to Doug for sharing.