Amex Platinum Upgrade Offer, Get 75,000 Points and 10X on Gas & Groceries
Some American Express cardholders are being targeted with an offer to upgrade to the Amex Platinum Card for a bonus of 75,000 Membership Rewards points. Besides the points bonus, the offer includes 10X earning for groceries and gas purchases. Let’s see the details.
Update 4/23/21: More people targeted HT DoC
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points after you charge a total of $5,000 or more of purchases on your Platinum Card® from American Express within the first 3 months of Platinum Card® Membership. Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card account.
- Plus 10x points on up to $15,000 in combined purchases at Gas Stations and Supermarkets during their first 6 months of card membership.
- Annual Fee: $550 (prorated)
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- Complimentary Eats Pass Membership for up to 12 months
- $200 airline fee credit
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That’s up to $50 on a semi-annual basis.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Access to over 1,300+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
This is a great upgrade offer that was sent out by mail to select Amex Gold cardholders. You can also check your accounts, as sometimes the same offers will pop up in there. There’s no hard pull when upgrading, and can receive the upgrade bonus even if you’ve had the card previously.
If targeted, you can earn 75,000 points plus 10x on groceries and gas purchases, which can yield another 150,000 Membership Rewards points, if maximized. Once you upgrade, make sure to start taking advantage of all the credits and perks the card offers.