Avelo Airlines Opens New Base in Las Vegas
Avelo Airlines opened today its sixth U.S. base Las Vegas’s Harry Reid International Airport (LAS). This is the airline’s second West Coast base as it aims to bring more affordable flights to unserved and underserved communities across the country.
Las Vegas joins Avelo’s five existing bases at Los Angeles’ Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR); Orlando International Airport (MCO); Philadelphia / Delaware Valley’s Wilmington Airport (ILG); Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU); and Southern Connecticut’s Tweed-New Haven Airport (HVN).
“We are excited to start the exclusive nonstop access to Vegas that Avelo’s new base will offer our Customers,” said Avelo Airlines Founder, Chairman and CEO Andrew Levy. “Vegas has something for everyone and Avelo’s affordability, convenience and reliability will make getting to this popular destination easier than ever. The new flights, destinations and jobs our new base enables hits the jackpot for Las Vegas, Avelo and, most importantly, our Customers.”
The new base is a homecoming of sorts for Levy, who was a cofounder and served as longtime president of Las Vegas-based Allegiant Air.
Avelo this week inaugurates three new routes and expands another, with two more routes beginning in mid-September and early-October. Special fares starting from $39 one-way can be booked at AveloAir.com. Avelo will be the only airline flying nonstop between LAS and these six destinations:
- Bend / Redmond, Ore. (RDM) — The first flight is today, September 7, 2023, with twice weekly service on Thursdays and Sundays.
- Sonoma / Santa Rosa, Calif. (STS) — Starting September 8, 2023, Avelo will double the flight frequency of service on this route to four days per week (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays).
- Brownsville, Texas (BRO) — The first flight is tomorrow, September 8, 2023, with twice weekly service on Mondays and Fridays.
- Eureka / Arcata, Calif. (ACV) — The first flight is tomorrow, September 8, 2023, with twice weekly service on Mondays and Fridays.
- Dubuque, Iowa (DBQ) — The first flight is next week, September 13, 2023, with twice weekly service on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Portland / Salem, Ore. (SLE) — The first flight is October 5, 2023, with twice weekly service on Thursdays and Sundays.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.