Yesterday, Air France-KLM and Bank of America launched the new Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard. The new card issued by Bank of America will allow customers to earn Miles and XP’s for Air France-KLM’s Flying Blue Loyalty Program. Let’s take a look at the details.
Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard Details:
- $89 Annual Fee (Not waived the first year)
- Earn 3x Miles per $1 spent on purchases made directly with Air France, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and SkyTeam member airlines.
- Earn 1.5x Miles for every $1 spent on all other qualifying purchases.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Earn 60 XP upon account opening for the Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard (limited to one time per Flying Blue member).
- Receive 5,000 anniversary Miles after spending at least $50 on purchases
- 20 XP every account anniversary plus an additional 40 XP after spending at least $15k on purchases within the card anniversary year
The Air France-KLM card offers the competitive rate of three Miles per dollar spent not only with Air France or KLM but with any of the SkyTeam partners. I’m unaware of any cards that offer miles on partner airlines, so this is pretty awesome. Additionally, the 60 XP brings cardholders 60 percent of the way to achieving Silver status, this is also an awesome perk. But, let’s not forget the fact that you can do better on airfare purchases using premium cards with airfare bonuses that allow points transfers. Last, one thing that seems to be missing from card benefits is any type of baggage benefit or discount. Most airline branded cards with annual fees offer baggage perks.