Capital One Launches Spark Travel Elite Card with 250K Miles Bonus
Capital One has quietly launched a new small business credit card called Spark Travel Elite. The card is similar to Venture X, but also comes with a huge welcome bonus of up to 250,000 miles.
This card is currently available only to Capital One customers with Relationship Managers. It will be available to all small businesses soon. But we already know everything about the card, thanks to View from the Wing that revealed the news yesterday. Let’s see the details.
- Earn up to 250,000 miles when you apply and are approved for the Spark Travel Elite card:
- Earn 50,000 miles after you spend $10,000 within the first 3 months
- Plus an additional 200,000 miles when you spend $50,000 within the first six months
- Annual Fee: $395
- 2X miles on all purchases
- 10X miles on hotels and rental cars
- 5X miles on flights when booked through Capital One’s travel portal.
- $300 annual credit for bookings through Capital One Travel.
- Earn 10,000 bonus miles every year after first anniversary
- Unlimited access to Capital One airport lounges as well as Priority Pass and other Capital One partner lounges
- $100 credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry every four years
- Pay vendors through the card using Melio, even if they do not accept credit cards.
This is a good product with a huge signup bonus. You can earn 250,000 miles when you spend $50,000 within the first six months. Considering the card earns 2x on most purchases, you would be earning 7x for that $50K spend.
You have to pay the $395 annual fee, but you also get a $300 annual credit for bookings through Capital One Travel and 10,000 bonus miles every year after the first anniversary. You also get access to Capital One airport lounges as well as Priority Pass lounges. So this should be a good card that you can even keep long term.
For now you can only apply if you have a Capital One Relationship Manager, but it should be available to everyone else soon. VFTW also notes that existing Spark cardholders are eligible to apply for Spark Travel Elite, however, at this time, Spark Cash Plus cardholders are not eligible.
It’s worth noting that this card will likely show on your personal credit report.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.