Chase $900 Bonus for Checking and Savings
Chase is one of the most generous banks out there when it comes to checking and savings account bonuses. They often have a $600 bonus, but some cardholders are being targeted with an amazing bonus of $900. Let’s check the details of the offer and how you can find it.
- GET $300 for new Chase checking customers who open a CHASE TOTAL CHECKING® account and set up Direct Deposit.
- GET $200 for opening a new CHASE SAVINGS account, depositing a total of $15,000 or more in new money within 10 business days, and maintaining a $15,000 balance for 90 days. (not the best offer)
- OR get $900 for both (an extra $400)
The offer is targeted. Some current Chase credit card customers are seeing the offer in their accounts online, either in notifications, or in “Just for You” offers. Some are also receiving an email invitation.
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers. Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers. Both offers are not available to those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- For checking bonus, make a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- For savings bonus, deposit a total of $15,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 10 business days of account opening and maintain at least a $15,000 balance for 90 days from the date of deposit. The new money cannot be funds held by Chase or its affiliates.
- If either the checking or savings account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing.
Chase Savings has a $5 fee per month. You can avoid the fee in the following ways:
- $300 or more minimum daily balance
- or at least one repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more from your personal Chase checking account (available only through Chase Online Banking)
- or when linked to a Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking or Chase Private Client Checking account
Chase Total Checking has a $12 fee per month. You can avoid the fee in the following ways:
- Direct deposit totaling $500 or more made to this account.
- or a $1,500 or more minimum daily balance in this account
- or an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying linked deposits.
Usually you need to have a branch nearby to complete the account opening process, but now it’s much easier since it can be done online as well and you get $900, the highest bonus ever. Most likely you will need to have a Chase branch in your state to be eligible though.
This bonus can be done only once every two years now and you have to wait at least 90 days since the last personal accounts bonus from Chase. So even if you are targeted, those limitations will likely still apply.
Keep in mind that you WILL receive a 1099-INT for these bank bonuses and thus you will be taxed.
If you are targeted, then this Chase bonus is by far the best we have seen. The public offer right now is for $600, which is still a great offer.
You can do this bonus once every two years, and you must not have had a Chase account in last 90 days.
Let us know if you are targeted.