Chase Making More Benefit Cuts: No More Price Protection
In a never ending spree of Chase devaluations, the latest out of Chase is the removal of Price Protection across it’s branded cards. Let’s be clear, the DiscoverIt Card, which has rotating 5% categories and no annual fee has a superior benefit to the “Premier” rewards card with a $450 Annual Fee. This is not a shock since we reported rumors about a month ago about price protection and a few other negative changes. This is unfortunate in light of the brand new card that went live today, Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card Review – Best Everyday Business Card on the Market?
There is some suggestion that an app called Earny, which automatically monitors your account for price drops and files claims on your behalf is a potential cause of the removal. So let’s get this straight: Benefits are yours until you make use of them and get an actual benefit? Not cool.
Here’s just a recent list of negative related posts:
- Chase Adds Restrictions to Personal Southwest Cards
- A Devaluation is Likely Coming to the Chase Sapphire Reserve… But is it Really a Big Deal?
- Chase Sends Out IHG Premier Upgrade Offer & It’s Amazing (ly bad)! Need More Data Points
- Stealth Credit Card Devaluations: Is This the New Normal?
- What Would Chase Eliminating Ultimate Rewards Transfers Mean? I Take A Look at Each Card
Click here to see the best No Fee Card Options
When Will It End
It seems like one thing after another lately with Chase making small changes that reduce the value we’re getting from our partnership with them. Ultimate Rewards is a great program, but the Chase Sapphire Reserve is not the only card that earns them, so you may want to think twice before paying your annual fee next year. It’s not as offensive when benefits are removed from cards with lower annual fees since you’re not providing as much value to the issuer in those cases.
Chase Bank Card Reviews
- New!!! Chase Ink Business Unlimited
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Chase Ink Business Preferred
- Chase Ink Business Cash
- Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Chase Freedom