China Airfare Steal
Have you ever wanted to go to China? Prices are cheeeeeeeeeeeeeap right now for both business class and coach. How cheap? Let’s take a look.
Hainan Airlines is a partner of Alaska Airlines and they currently have some amazing business class fares between the U.S. and various cities in China. Dates vary but I am seeing a ton of options for late 2019 and early 2020.
- LAX-PEK (Beijing) from $1539 – Sample Link
- LAX-PVG (Shanghai) from $1539 – Sample Link
- LAX-NRT (Tokyo) from $1668 – Sample Link
- LAX-CAN (Guangzhou) from $1672 – Sample Link
The links above are to Skyscanner which seems to be a bit cheaper, although for a little more you can book directly on Hainan or more importantly through Chase UR, Citi TYP, Amex MR or your other favorite points currency.
Need to Know:
- You will need a Visa for visiting mainland China on these tickets (not Japan obviously). Transit Visas would only apply if you are going to a 3rd country
- Hainan is a partner with Alaska. Depending on your elite status and the exact flight you choose, you could earn 350% or more redeemable miles which is a hefty rebate
- Hainan has lie flat seats in business class, although their hard product isn’t the best with 6 across seating. The service is excellent in my experience
Not wanting to fly all fancy? Well, there are some amazing coach fares as well. Both AA and Hainan are pricing things very aggressively for late 2019 and early 2020 travel.
- LAX-PEK (Beijing) from $305 RT – Sample Link
- LAX-PVG (Shanghai) from $345 RT – Sample Link
- LAX-CAN (Guangzhou) from $361 RT – Sample Link
Tons of options for cheap travel and maybe even a mileage run for the right person. I think there may be other city pairs, so I’ll add more if I find it. You can use Skyscanner to get the best rates, or use Google Flights to quickly find the best dates. Happy flying!