Citi Premier Card Welcome Bonus
All the talk recently has been about Amex and Chase. First the Amex Platinum card changes and the rumored refresh of the two most popular Chase credit cards. Citi on the other had had been relatively quiet, until today. A new Citi Premier bonus was just launched and it is the best ever. It can easily get you a value of $800 or more. Let’s see how this Citi Premier Card welcome bonus works and who is eligible.
- Earn 80,000 ThankYou points when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening.
- $95 annual fee is not waived
Citi Premier Earning Structure
The Citi Premier earns points at the following rates:
- 3X ThankYou points on Grocery stores, Gas stations, Restaurants, Hotels and Airfare
- 1X ThankYou points on All Other Purchases
You can check out our Citi Premier Credit Card Review for more information.
Need to Know
- The bonus is not available if you have opened or closed a Premier, Preferred or Prestige card within the past 24 months.
- There’s also a rumored 3/6 rule for Citi, but more recently you probably need to be at 1/6 or even no cards in the last six months.
This is a great offer. And it is actually the best welcome bonus we have seen on the Citi Premier Card, targeted or not. The annual fee is not waived, but the bonus is worth at least $800, or even more when transferred to travel partners.
If you have recently applied for the 60K welcome bonus, it could be worth reaching out to Citi and see if they can match this improved offer.