Valuable CNB Crystal Infinite Bonus Dropping to 30K on August 1
Reader Patrick reached out with an update today from his bank representative to say that the bonus ended on 8/21/19. It is unclear when or if a bonus will be back for the card. Thanks again for the tip Patrick.
City National Bank has a great product in its Crystal Visa Infinite card. It offers most perks that you’re used to from high end cards, and more. It gives you up to $1K in incidental fees per year and Priority Pass for two plus guests for example. It also has a $400 annual fee.
Then there’s the signup bonus. The current public bonus is as follows:
- 50,000 City National Rewards Bonus Points when you apply by July 31, 2019 and spend $5,000 or more within the first 90 days.
We’ve also seen bonuses of 75K last year, and even 100K in the past.
New Lower Bonus
Now we have information from a bank representative that the bonus is going even lower, once the current offer expires on July 31, 2019. Starting in August you will only get 30,000 City National Rewards Bonus Points when signing up for the CNB Crystal Visa Infinite Card.
- $250 Airline Incidental Fees Statement Credit per Calendar Year per Card (Primary and AUs)
- Priority Pass Select – Airport Lounge Access For 2 People (Primary and AU plus their guests)
- Global Entry Application Fee Statement Credit
- $100 Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- See more card details here
- Up to $550 Airline Lounge Club Membership fee statement credit when you spend $50,000 or more annually
- 15% savings plus a one-time $30 credit when you book a GroundLink chauffeured black car service with Crystal Visa Infinite Card
- Troon Rewards. Save on golf tee times, merchandise, and golf instructions
- Troon Prive. Use your Crystal Visa Infinite Card to access high-end, private golf clubs around the country
This credit card gives you a $250 credit for Airline Incidental Fees per year, per card. You can add three authorized user cards for free and they all get that annual credit. Just this benefit alone is worth $1,000.
The card also earns 3 Points per dollar on gasoline, airline, hotel, taxi, rental car, train, bus, restaurant, fast food and takeout food dining purchases and 1 point on all other purchases. There is no cap on points you can earn and they don’t expire as long as your account is open and in good standing.
How to Apply
Applying for the card is the tricky part. There’s no application or offer page and you cannot do it online. These offers are not usually publicized much by CNB, but are instead sent out by bankers themselves.
You need to visit a branch or contact your local City National banker. You can also do it over the phone if you can track down a banker. You’ll likely need to submit income verification such as a W2 or a tax return. CNB is pretty picky, so you’ll need to have good credit and good income to qualify. Branches are located in NY, DE, GA, TN, NV and CA.
Thanks for the tip to reader Patrick