Convert Alaska Airlines Wallet Credit into Miles at 1¢ Cost
Alaska Airlines is offering an awesome incentive to its Mileage Plan members who have wallet balances. Members will be able to convert their wallet credit into miles and then use them for future travel. And it is a great value. $100 wallet credit converts into 10,000 miles, so you would be buying miles at 1¢ each.
“With award travel starting at 5,000 miles one-way on Alaska and the ability to book award trips to more than 800 destinations with our 16 Global Partners – as well as the addition of the oneworld ® alliance in 2021 – this is a great way to start planning for future trips,” said Sangita Woerner, senior vice president of marketing and guest experience at Alaska, “Our Mileage Plan miles do not expire as long as members remain active, so when guests feel it is safe to return to travel, we will be there to welcome them on their long-awaited vacations.”
Qualifying members, who will receive an email notification from Alaska, can exchange their credits in increments of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% of their current wallet balance. But this promotion will be available to everyone with at least $50 in their wallet. If you do have $50 or more in your wallet, but haven’t received an email yet, do not panic. We were told by Alaska Airlines that emails are going out in batches.
This offer is valid through October 12. But while you wait for an email, you can just check this link and hopefully you already see the option to convert your wallet balance to miles.
- Offer valid through October 12, 2020 11:59 pm (PT)
- Qualifying members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email can exchange Alaska wallet funds in increments of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% of their current wallet balance for Mileage Plan bonus miles at an exchange rate of 100 miles per $1.
- Bonus miles are redeemable for award travel, but do not count toward elite status qualification. All wallet exchanges for miles are final, and wallet credit once redeemed is not refundable.
- Exchanging wallet credit for Mileage Plan miles pursuant to this offer does qualify as account activity, so your Mileage Plan account will remain active for at least 2 years after the effective date of the exchange.
- This offer is not intended to apply to new purchases of gift certificates occurring during the offer period. If you acquire a gift certificate during the offer period, or receive a gift certificate acquired during the offer period, and exchange that gift certificate for Miles in violation of this condition of the offer, we will reverse the transaction, remove the Miles from your account, and re-issue the amount exchanged as wallet credit.
This is a great offer and it will be available to all Alaska customers who have at least $50 in their wallet. Just keep in mind that terms say that the offer is not intended to apply to new purchases of gift certificates occurring during the offer period. If you do this and exchange that gift certificate for miles, the transaction will be reversed. Even if you cancel flights currently booked, those funds would not be eligible for this promotion. We were told that only funds currently in Wallet can be used.
But if you have funds already in your wallet, then buying Alaska Airlines miles at 1¢ will definitely give you more value. With $500 for example you would be able to fly one way in business class to Asia, if you are able to travel.