Convert Marriott Bonvoy Certificates Deadline
I have had a long road with my sole Marriott travel package. A couple of years ago I redeemed Marriott points to purchase a package that also gave me enough Southwest points for a Companion Pass. Unfortunately I didn’t end up using that package, so I upgraded it to a Ritz Category 1-3 cert before Bonvoy came.
That was awhile ago and my old pre-Bonvoy certificate expires August 17. That meant I had to get it converted to a certificate in the new program. Thankfully it proved to be easier than ever!
How to Convert Old Marriott Rewards Certificate
Here is how I easily converted my old Marriott Rewards certificate to a new Bonvoy certificate.
- To start, I called the Marriott Bonvoy line. 801-468-4000
- I told the automated system I wanted to talk about certificates and after verifying my account I was instantly connected with a representative.
- When she answered I explained I wanted my certificate converted to the new program and she knew what to do.
- She explained my old certificate would map to Category 6 in the new program. I would also automatically receive a refund of 30,000 points due to the cost differences.
- The entire process took about 5 minutes
The best part was that I could instantly see the new certificate and expiration date in my account. The bad news is the 30K points still haven’t posted, but from what I understand that is automatic and can take a short bit. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for them, but I’m not worried since the agent confirmed this on the call.
If you have certificates expiring on the 17th make sure to give Marriott Bonvoy a call to get them converted to the new system. It was easy for me and many others I know. Don’t lose your free nights!