Delta Makes Major Changes to Sky Club Access for 2023
After a banner year of Delta Sky Club openings and expansions across Delta’s network in 2022 that resulted in a record number of visits, the airline is changing some of the ways customers can access Clubs starting next year to preserve a best-in-class experience.
This year, Delta has opened four new Delta Sky Clubs, including its two largest at New York’s LaGuardia Airport and Los Angeles International Airport; the airline’s only international Club at Tokyo’s Haneda Airport; and a stunning new 22,000-plus-square-foot space at Chicago-O’Hare. It has also expanded existing Clubs in Nashville and Boston.
The airline says this has resulted in a record number of visits and overcrowding. To address the issue Delta is making major changes to lounge access for 2023. Medallion members and membership holders are hit the hardest by these changes, while guests who access lounges through their credit card will not see any major restrictions. Prices are also going up starting next year.
Delta Sky Club Access
Starting in 2023, with these updates, Delta Sky Club access will be available to:
Medallion Members Who Purchase a Sky Club Membership
- Annual Club memberships will be available for purchase by Diamond, Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members only. Effective for new membership purchases and renewals starting Jan. 1, 2023.
- The fees for an annual Club membership will increase as follows (effective Jan. 1, 2023):
- Individual: From $545 or 54,500 miles to $695 or 69,500 miles.
- Executive: From $845 or 84,500 miles to $1495 or 149,500 miles.
- The fee for companion guests will increase from $39 to $50, or from 3,900 to 5,000 miles for Club members who wish to pay with miles. Effective Feb. 2, 2023.
Diamond Medallions Who Select Executive Club Access Via Their Choice Benefits
- Members who reach Diamond Medallion status for the 2024 Medallion Year and beyond: The cost for an Executive Membership will increase from two to three Choice Benefit selections.
- Individual Membership and Credit Card Guest Pass access will no longer be offered via Choice Benefits for the 2024 Medallion Year and beyond. Effective Feb. 1, 2023 for the 2024 Medallion Year.
Delta Sky Club Members Flying Main Cabin or More Premium Cabin
- Delta Sky Club members flying on Basic Economy tickets cannot enter unless they have a benefit through an eligible American Express® Card which allows for access. Effective Feb. 2, 2023.
Customers Flying Delta One and Select Medallion Members Flying Delta Premium Select Intentionally
- Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion Members flying internationally in Main Cabin or Delta Comfort+ will no longer receive Delta Sky Club access, unless they have access through a different entry method (such as a Delta Sky Club membership). Effective Feb. 2, 2023.
- Diamond, Platinum, or Gold Medallion Status still permit entry to the Club if flying in Delta Premium Select internationally or in Delta One.
Amex Card Members with Delta Sky Club Access
- The fee for companion guests of customers entering via an eligible American Express card and for customers and companion guests entering via their Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express card will increase from $39 to $50. Effective Feb. 2, 2023.
There are no updates to Delta Sky Club access eligibility for: Delta 360 Members; Elite Plus members of other SkyTeam airlines; Delta and SkyTeam Elite Plus members flying in Delta Premium Select and Delta One (or partner airline equivalent) cabins; any customers in Delta One (or partner airline equivalent) cabin.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.