Fidelity New Account Bonus Offer – $100 After $50 Deposit
There is a pretty sweet Fidelity new account bonus offer that should work even for some current members. There is no direct deposit required, no fees on the accounts and you only need to deposit $50 to earn it. Let’s take a look at the details.
Update 11/22/21: I made my deposit on 10/26 and my bonus posted on 11/16. I had signed up for a cash account years ago for a similar offer and did a brokerage account this time around and it posted no problem. My wife’s account had the same dates for deposit and the bonus triggering.
Fidelity New Account Bonus Offer Details
Open a Fidelity Cash Management account, investment account, Roth IRA, or Traditional IRA account and get $100 bonus when you deposit $50 within 15 days. Use promo code FIDELITY100.
This offer is valid for new or existing Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC (“Fidelity”) customers who open and fund a new, eligible Fidelity account with a minimum of $50 on or after October 18, 2021 through Fidelity.com/go/special-offer. Offer is limited to one account per individual.
This appears to be eligible even for current members as long as you open a new kind of account and fund it. Although Doctor of Credit readers report being able to open a second account and get the bonus. Your mileage may vary there. Here are some of the terms (full list here)
- Register for the offer by opening a new, eligible Fidelity account on or after October 18, 2021.
- The eligible account must be opened through the offer link.
- Use the offer code FIDELITY100 to register for the offer.
- Fund the account with a minimum of $50 (“net deposit’) from an external, non-Fidelity source.
- The net deposit at the end of the 15 calendar days after account opening (“the qualification period”) must be at least $50.
- As a confirmation of your registration, an email will be sent to the email address you provided during the account opening process after the eligible account has been established in good order.
- Eligible accounts include The Fidelity Account, Fidelity Cash Management Account, Fidelity Roth IRA, or a Fidelity traditional IRA. No other accounts are eligible for this offer.
- For individuals who open a Roth or traditional IRA account, in order to be eligible to contribute to the IRA (traditional or Roth) you will need to have earned income at least equal to any IRA contribution made for 2021. Individuals who max out their contribution for the calendar year are also not eligible for the bonus award. If an individual has no earned income, they will not be eligible to make contributions to the Roth or traditional IRA and as a result not eligible for the bonus award.
- Account holders must maintain the bonus award (minus any losses related to trading or market volatility, or margin debit balances) in the account for at least 90 days from the date on which the bonus award is credited to the account. Fidelity may charge accounts that fail to comply with this requirement the cost of the bonus award.
The bonus award will be deposited directly to the eligible account within 10 calendar days after the qualification period.
Where To Enter The Code
I did not see the spot to enter the code for my account so had to chat with a rep to have them add it. When I did it for my wife the code auto populated but I saw where it is hiding. It is on the personal information page.
Fidelity New Account Bonus – Final Thoughts
I have done Fidelity bonuses in the past and they have been fairly easy and posted without issue for me. This seems about as easy as it gets and Fidelity offers don’t come around often so jump on this one. I like that current members, like me, are still eligible for this one. Having no fees, hoops to jump through or cancellation penalties make this a $100 home run in my book.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
I am an existing customer and this was easy peasy! Thanks for the tip. I set up an EFT using an existing external account. The whole process took me maybe 2 minutes.
Excellent – very quick for us too as current members.
where do I enter the promo code??
I struggled with that too so added it into the article. It is under your personal information hidden in there.
ah hah! I actually couldn’t find this and opened the account anyway. It must auto-populate somewhere because a few minutes after doing so, I got an email confirming registration and $100 cash award (as long as I fund at least $50 within 15 days). Thanks so much for some free bills!
If already a Fidelity client, and open a new acct for this offer, can you merge accounts after the 90 day period?
I was able to sign up while logged into my account so they were on the same log in.