Free Parking on the Las Vegas Strip – Avoid Vegas Parking Fees
With more and more hotels on the Vegas Strip charging for parking, the value calculation of bringing or renting a car has changed. Thankfully there are still many ways to get free parking on the Las Vegas Strip, although it isn’t quite as simple as before. Since 2016 many hotels and casinos have implemented paid self and valet parking charges, but there are several hotels that offer free parking in 2023. In this guide to free parking in Las Vegas I’ll show you where you can park for free and how you can utilize rewards programs to park for free at properties that charge.
How to Avoid Paid Parking at MGM Resorts Properties in Las Vegas
MGM Resorts International owns many of the most famous Las Vegas Strip casinos and unfortunately you will pay for both valet and self-parking at all of them. As a reminder here are the Las Vegas Strip properties owned by MGM: Aria, Bellagio, Cosmopolitan, Vdara, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Delano, New York New York, Park MGM, NoMad, Luxor and Excalibur.
MGM Rewards Status Avoids Parking Fees
One of the perks of MGM Rewards status is that every tier above the base Sapphire receives some sort of waived parking charges. The following tiers of MGM Rewards avoid parking fees at MGM’s Las Vegas Strip properties:
- Pearl, Gold, Platinum or NOIR MGM Rewards member receive free parking at MGM’s Las Vegas Strip properties
Note: Pearl status only gains you free self parking while Gold and higher MGM Rewards members receive free valet parking as well. Remember to tip your valet drivers!
How to Get MGM Rewards Status to Avoid Parking Fees in 2023
One way to get status is to gamble and spend money at MGM’s properties. Thankfully there are a few other opportunities to gain MGM Rewards status in order to avoid parking charges if you aren’t a big gambler or spender.
- MGM Rewards Mastercard – MGM’s co-branded credit card is not one I generally recommend, but can be decent if you are heavily invested in the MGM Rewards loyalty program. It gives you the ability to earn tier credits through spend and also comes with Pearl status which gives you free self parking without any work.
- Chase World of Hyatt credit card – MGM partners with Hyatt in Las Vegas and this partnership has reciprocal benefits. The World of Hyatt credit card gives you Discoverist status in that program, which can be matched to MGM Rewards Pearl status. I think that card is much more valuable than the MGM Rewards card if you aren’t looking to spend your way to tier credits.
- Las Vegas locals – While locals don’t get status, they do receive 3 free hours of parking at MGM’s Las Vegas Strip casinos.
How to Avoid Paid Parking at Caesars Entertainment Properties in Las Vegas
Not long after their biggest competitor MGM started charging for parking, Caesars followed suit with charges at all of their Las Vegas Strip properties. Rio is the lone exception in Las Vegas, although it is leaving Caesars’ portfolio in 2023 and isn’t located on the Strip.
- The following Caesars Entertainment properties in Las Vegas charge for both self and valet parking: Harrah’s, The Linq, Flamingo, The Cromwell, Horseshoe, Planet Hollywood, Paris, Nobu and Caesars Palace.
How to Get Caesars Rewards Status to Avoid Parking Fees in 2023
Like with MGM Rewards, Caesars allows a few shortcuts to status which can gain you free parking at all of their Las Vegas Strip properties. While you can earn status by gambling and/or spending money at Caesars Rewards properties to earn status, here are a few shortcuts as well:
- Founderscard costs $300-$500 per year and comes with a number of benefits including Caesars Rewards Diamond membership. Not only does Diamond come with free parking, but it also comes with a number of other perks including a once per year $100 celebration dinner credit, priority line access, free tickets and more. Check out our review of Founderscard.
- The Caesars Rewards Visa credit card gives Platinum status after your first purchase. Platinum status will get you free self and valet parking at all of Caesars’ Las Vegas Strip properties.
- Las Vegas locals – While locals don’t get status, they do receive 3 free hours of parking at Caesars’ Las Vegas Strip casinos.
Other Las Vegas Strip Resorts That Charge for Parking & How to Avoid Fees
- Free Parking at Resorts World Las Vegas – Resorts World opened in 2021 with free parking for all, however they have now implemented a paid parking scheme. Fortunately all you need to do to avoid parking fees at Resorts World Las Vegas is to sign-up for their players club. Even base level members receive free parking.
- Free parking at The Strat – Beginning in April of 2023 The Strat (Formerly Stratosphere) began charging for parking. To avoid parking charges at Strat you must be a Loyal, Solid, Legit or Epic member of their True Rewards loyalty program.
- Free parking at The Mirage – MGM sold Mirage to Hard Rock International and the property now operates independently as it gets ready to be converted into a Hard Rock branded property. Currently Hard Rock is matching statuses from competing casinos and matching could get you free parking. Hard Rock Unity Legend, Icon and X tiers give free parking. Additionally, Las Vegas locals currently get matched to Legend status which gives free parking as well.
Status Matches to Get Free Parking at Las Vegas Strip Casinos
Like is the case currently at The Mirage, many Las Vegas rewards programs offer status matches from time to time. In the past couple of years we have seen MGM, Caesars, Wynn, Resorts World and The Mirage all match statuses at one time. While these promotions aren’t always available, if you have status from a competing casino it pays to check if other casinos will match it.
You can often gain one status through some of the methods mentioned above (Hyatt match, Founderscard, etc.) and then match to competing casinos. Again, this isn’t always available, but as competition heats up on the Las Vegas Strip it is something to inquire about. As of April, 2023 the only casino on the Las Vegas Strip with a publicly available status match is The Mirage.
Hotels with Free Parking on the Las Vegas Strip
Despite most hotels now charging for both self and valet parking, there are still a number of hotels with free parking on the Las Vegas Strip. Some hotels like Wynn began charging, but then later backtracked and now offer it for free.
Here are the Las Vegas Strip hotels with free parking as of 2023:
- Circus Circus (Self-parking only)
- Oyo Hotel & Casino (formerly Hooter’s)
- SAHARA Las Vegas
- Treasure Island
- Tropicana – Trop does have some paid priority spots, but free parking is available
Note: Most Downtown Las Vegas hotels already charge for paid parking, although some do waive the fee for hotel guests or will validate parking. Additionally, you can park for free during mall hours at the Fashion Show Mall on the Vegas Strip and Shops at Crystals.
Free Parking on the Las Vegas Strip – Bottom Line
Free parking on the Las Vegas Strip mostly went away after 2016, but that doesn’t mean you have to pay even if you aren’t a big gambler. As you can see, there are still some options for finding free parking on the Las Vegas Strip at properties from MGM, Caesars and more. By utilizing promotions, status matches, co-branded credit cards and other offers there are still plenty of ways to avoid paying for parking at your favorite Strip casino.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.