FoundersCard Review, Overview & Is It Worth It in 2021?
FoundersCard is a membership club (complete with fancy metal card) that provides discounts and networking opportunities to over 25,000 entrepreneurs. Designed for business executives, this membership can also be valuable to those who love to travel. This FoundersCard Review & guide to membership is designed to provide an overview of FoundersCard to help you decide if getting a membership is the right move for you and if the program is worth it. We also have an exclusive membership offer to help you save money as well.
I have been a FoundersCard member for the past five years and am happy to announce we have partnered with them to provide an exclusive Founderscard discount code and offer for Miles to Memories readers. FoundersCard membership normally comes with an annual fee of $595, but we can get you about half off.
The MtM exclusive FoundersCard promo code FCMTM295 (already embedded in the link above) should get you the discounted rate of
$395 $295 per year plus the $95 FoundersCard initiation fee is waived as well. If the MtM FoundersCard promo code FCMTM295 isn’t filled in, simply input it. Now let’s take a look at the many discounts and benefits of FoundersCard membership so you can determine whether it is worth it for you.
Note: You can also preview a FoundersCard Membership before signing up for this offer if you need any more information about specific benefits.
FoundersCard Review – Member Benefits for 2021
FoundersCard breaks their benefits down into sections described as: “Hotels”, “Lifestyle”, “Travel” and “Business”. I’ll take a look at each of these categories separately and describe what I think are the best benefits of each. I will also dedicate a section entirely to Caesars Rewards Diamond status, because for me it is probably the most valuable FoundersCard benefit and pays for my membership all by itself.
FoundersCard Review – Hotel Benefits 2021
FoundersCard has negotiated discounted rates and extra property specific benefits for its members at hundreds of hotels around the world for 2021. While I try to use hotel points as much as possible to save, discount programs like this one and Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts definitely help when there is no choice other than paying cash.
FoundersCard has partnered with select properties from the following brands for 2021:
- Mandarin Oriental
- Park Hyatt
- Rosewood Hotel Group
- Omni Hotels & Resorts
- Ritz Carlton
- Peninsula Hotels
- Four Seasons
- W Hotels
In addition to the brands above, a number of other brands plus independent properties are included as well. Once you have your membership you’ll be able to filter by city to find which discounts are available for your upcoming hotel stays.
FoundersCard Review – Travel Benefits 2021
FoundersCard provides some great travel benefits to their members. From elite status to various discounts, you’ll find plenty to be excited about if you travel a lot.
FoundersCard elite status benefits for 2021:
- Avis Preferred Plus status (Upgrades, bonus points)
- Sixt Rent a Car Platinum status (Discount, free addtl driver in U.S., upgrades)
- Hilton Honors Gold status (Free breakfast & room upgrades at most Hilton properties)
- Cathay Pacific Airways Marco Polo Club Silver status trial (Lounge access on Cathay, priority check-in & boarding and more)
- Caesars Rewards Diamond status (See Caesars section below)
FoundersCard also runs very good status match opportunities for members as well. For example, in the past they have had status challenges for United Airlines, American Airlines and JetBlue. A recent status challenge for American Airlines ended late last year, so hopefully they’ll bring it back soon. I know a lot of readers took advantage of it!
FoundersCard Travel Discounts for 2021
In addition to elite status, FoundersCard has negotiated discounts and promo codes with a number of travel providers. Among the FoundersCard travel discounts are:
- Car rental discounts with: Hertz, Avis, Silvercar, Zipcar and Sixt
- Airline discounts with: United Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Etihad, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Surf Air & British Airways
- Hotel discounts: See hotels section above
Other Travel Benefits/Discounts
Besides what has been mentioned above, FoundersCard has a couple of other interesting travel benefits worth mentioning. There are even more perks than what I am including here as well so make sure to fully check out their benefits to see if they help make Founderscard worth it.
- 1 year of free TripIt Pro membership and a discounted $39 annual rate after that – I use this to organize all of my travel plans and it works incredibly well.
- 15% off EmpireCLS car and chauffer service
- 3 months of XO Rise private jet membership + flight credit & discounts on Surf Air!
FoundersCard Review – Lifestyle Benefits 2021
The FoundersCard also has some niche benefits designed to enhance your life as well. While I won’t cover all of the 60+ lifestyle benefits here, I will cover some of the highlights. Keep in mind that some of these discounts are location dependent, but there are a ton of cool perks for every member.
- Car Discounts: Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Jaguar
- Clothing Discounts: Adidas, Cole Haan, Tommy John, Reebok, PUMA, Todd Snyder, Kendra Scott & more
- Fitness/Health Discounts: Equinox, Bliss Spa, Crunch Fitness, Pure Yoga, Soul Cycle, Spafinder Wellness, obé fitness & more
- Food/Wine Discounts: Wine Library, Wine Access, Vosges Haut-Chocolate, Stock Yards, Mouth.com, Sakara, Harry & David, FIJI Water & more
FoundersCard Review – Business Benefits 2021
FoundersCard membership is for entrepreneurs so it makes sense that they offer a wide range of discounts and other benefits for business. Additionally, many FoundersCard members offer discounts at their own businesses through FoundersCard. These business discounts can really make FoundersCard worth the cost of membership.
Here are some of the more notable FoundersCard business benefits you can expect to get when joining:
- Telecommunications Discounts: 15% off AT&T Wireless, 1 year of Phone.com, RingCentral
- Technology Discounts: Lenovo, Dell, Office Depot, Rackspace, Microsoft Office, Salesforce and more
- Business Essentials Discounts: Office 365, Shopify, Constant Contact, MOO Inc, Zoom, 99Designs, DocuSign, Stripe, UPS & more
Other Notable Business Benefits
- Stripe is offering $20,000 in fee-free payments from customers to FoundersCard members. That can be a significant savings on swipe fees.
- 99designs offers a complimentary Power Pack upgrade.
FoundersCard Review – Caesars Rewards Benefits – Now Extended!
I can’t write a FoundersCard review and not talk about my overall favorite benefit, Caesars Rewards Diamond status. It has now been extended through January, 2022 making it even better. Even though I don’t gamble, I get a ton of value out of this casino loyalty status and so do many of my readers and Vegas YouTube subscribers. For many this benefit alone makes the entire FoundersCard membership worth it.
Among the best perks of Caesars Rewards Diamond status are:
- No resort fees
- $100 celebration dinner dining credit each year
- A free show from a select list each calendar month (subject to availability)
- Free parking & priority valet plus skip the lines at buffets and more!
Shortly after receiving my upgrade to Diamond status a couple of years ago I received some nice room comp offers as well. Those dried up after awhile of me not gambling, but added to the overall value. While the Laurel Lounge benefit was recently taken away unless you gamble a lot, I still think most people can save a ton with Caesars Diamond status even if they only occasionally visit Las Vegas.
Caesars Diamond Waived Resort Fees = Crazy Value
With resort fees at most Caesars properties approaching $40 per night or more, the waived resort fees alone can make FoundersCard membership worth it for casino lovers. For example, you are paying $295 for a year of membership while also receiving $100 in free dining. Add in the savings on resort fees and the math may just work out for you to join. While I can’t speak to your circumstances, the Caesars Diamond status alone makes FoundersCard membership worth the cost for me.
FoundersCard Review – Social Events
FoundersCard is a membership club for executives and in the past a large part of having this membership has been the ability to network by attending social events held in various cities throughout the year. Due to current events these functions are not happening right now, but hopefully FoundersCard will be able to bring them back when things become more normal.
FoundersCard Review, Promo Code & Bottom Line
A few years ago I locked in a $295 per year rate, but at that time I had to commit to two years. I’ve gladly paid the membership fee each year since, because I think I get more value out of the membership than I pay in. Right now that same $295/yr rate is available without a 2 year commitment or initiation fee, so it could be a good time to give FoundersCard a try.
I don’t think FoundersCard is for everyone, but if you own a business and like to travel it’s definitely worth a look.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.