Frontier Frequent Flyer Program Changes
Frontier Airlines revealed today major changes to its FRONTIER Miles frequent flyer program for 2024. Frontier is adding one more status level, going revenue based and enhancing benefits at every status level.
“We are thrilled to announce some exciting new ways for our customers to ‘Get it All for Less’ when they fly with us,” said Barry Biffle, CEO, Frontier Airlines. “We are making the new FRONTIER Miles program like no other loyalty program in the airline industry when it comes to earning free flights and getting valuable status quickly and for less. If you are someone who travels three or four times a year, you can easily earn a free flight and status with great new benefits in no time.”
Let’s take a look at the changes.
New Status Level
In 2024, there will be four status levels, ad all previous levels will be renamed. There’s a new Silver level(at 10K), Gold (20K), Platinum (50K) and Diamond (100K). All status levels will enjoy:
- A free advance seat assignment
- No change or cancel fees, when changes are made seven days or more in advance of flight departure. Note: Fare and options price difference applies to changes and cancellations
- Priority Customer Care
- Family Pooling
- Priority Boarding
Frontier Goes Revenue Based
Miles will now accrue based on dollars spent on Frontier products – including flights, bags, seat assignments, and bundles – with a standard 10X multiplier: $1=10 miles.
Mileage multipliers increase at every status level up to 20X. All of these miles qualify towards Status. Here’s how you will accrue mils based on your status level.
In 2024, the newly named status tiers will be enriched with many new benefits. Here are some highlights:
- Free upgrades to Premium Seating at Gold level and above Note: subject to availability
- Free carry-on bag at Gold level and above, with Platinum and above applicable to the entire booking
- Free checked bag, including golf, ski or scuba gear, at Platinum level and above. At Diamond, customers enjoy two checked bags for each individual in their booking
- Free pet-in-cabin at Platinum level and above Note: subject to availability
- Ability to gift Gold status to a family member or friend at Diamond level and gift of silver with Platinum
- Mileage multiplier increases at each level, with up to 20x as many miles earned per dollar spent
Qualifying for Status
Consumers can qualify for new Silver Status level with only 10,000 miles (equivalent to $1000 spent on Frontier products). Each Status level provides a faster path to obtain the next level and more miles to use towards free travel:
- Silver, at 10,000 qualifying miles: 12X mileage multiplier per dollar spent
- Gold, at 20,000 qualifying miles: 14X mileage multiplier per dollar spent
- Platinum, at 50,000 qualifying miles: 16X mileage multiplier per dollar spent
- Diamond, at 100,000 qualifying miles: 20X mileage multiplier per dollar spent
To fast-track members to Gold status, there is an exclusive, limited time offer – spend only $3,000 on the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard™ between now and February 29, 2024 and get Gold status for 2024.
As a special gift, Frontier will launch an early offer enabling customers to earn a mile for every mile flown plus 10 qualifying miles for every dollar spent! Valid for bookings made by Frontier Miles members Oct. 23 -Dec. 31, 2023 (applies only to flight and ancillary items). Terms and conditions apply.
For more information, to sign up for the FRONTIER Miles program, visit https://www.flyfrontier.com/myfrontier/frontier-miles and check out the chart below.
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.