We wrote back in November about a new update to the Google Pay app. The app how has several new tabs: “Pay,” which includes peer-to-peer payments as well as your transaction history using tap-to-pay; “Explore,” which will be a place where Google will offer deals and discounts; and finally, “Insights,” which will allow you to connect your bank accounts to get a searchable overview of your finances.
The Google Pay Offers are now available for many users, and there are already some noteworthy additions. It gets even better if you sign up now as you can get a $21 bonus.
Google Pay Signup Bonus
Get a $21 bonus when you sign up by January 31, 2021 and make a transaction of $10 or more when using a referral link. Qualifying payments include:
- Sending money to a friend that you haven’t paid before OR
- Make contactless payment in-store (NFC-enabled Android devices only)
Google Pay Offers
Google Pay Offers are a great addition to the app already. These offers are similar to Amex Offers, as you need to add them to enrolled cards, and then use that card to make purchases at eligible merchants. You don’t need to actually use Google Pay for your purchases.
Google Pay uses the Rakuten Network for its offers, so it should stack with other card-linked offers that don’t use the same network.
To find the offer, open the Google Pay app, and at the bottom of the Home page, tap on the offers icon on the left lower corner.
Here’s a list of some of the best offers that I currently see in Google Pay:
- Target: $21 cashback when you spend $50. Expires 12/31/2020. (Doesn’t work with RedCard)
- REI: 20% cashback, up to $50. Expires 1/15/2021.
- Burger King: 20% cashback, up to $10. Expires 1/15/2021.
- Crocs: 20% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- Gap: 10% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- Adidas: 10% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- Asics: 10% cashback, online only. Expires 1/9/2021.
- and more
Google Pay Balance
The money you earn from these bonuses and cashback earned from purchases, goes into your Google Pay Balance. You can see this balance by clicking the ‘Insights’ tab (dollar sign in lower right corner).
If you have never used Google Pay, then it is definitely worth checking it out. Even if you don’t plan to use it often, you should go for the signup bonus and the Target offer now. These two offers can get you a total of $42 in cashback for making a $50 purchase at Target.