Hilton Announces New Extensions and Easier Status Requirements
Hilton Honors made a welcomed announcement today which gives members more time to travel and take advantage of their benefits. The company is extending points through the end of 2022 and elite status until early 2023. Earning status will also be easier next year.
“As we get back to a new season of travel together, we want our loyal guests to know that we made these program changes with them top-of-mind,” said Jenn Chick, vice president and global head, Hilton Honors & Customer Engagement, Hilton. “We are proud to lead the hospitality industry in providing flexibility, once again, to our valued Hilton Honors members to help them make new memories when they’re ready to travel again.”
Hilton Honors, the guest loyalty program of Hilton’s portfolio of 18 brands, has implemented global benefit changes to help members maintain or achieve elite status, even as travel remains limited in some parts of the world.
The changes announced today include:
- Extending status through March 31, 2023, so members can maintain their status perks and benefits longer.
- Pausing Points expiration until Dec. 31, 2022, so members have more time to use their Points towards free nights at more than 6,600 Hilton hotels, exclusive Hilton Honors Experiences, live events, charitable donations and more.
- Relaxing 2022 qualifications around earning Status, Milestone Bonuses, and Status Gifting from 2019 requirements to make these benefits easier to achieve. In 2022, Hilton Honors members will earn the following:
- Status Tier Requirements
- Silver status at seven nights, three stays or 17,500 Base Points.
- Gold status at 28 nights, 14 stays or 52,500 Base Points.
- Diamond status at 42 nights, 21 stays or 84,000 Base Points.
- Milestone Bonuses
- 10,000 Bonus Points at 30 nights.
- 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10 additional nights (after 30 nights).
- One-time 30,000 Bonus Points at 60 nights.
- Elite Status Gifting
- One-time gift of Gold status for a friend or family member at 40 nights, which can be upgraded to Diamond status at 70 nights.
- Status Tier Requirements
- Extending Rollover Nights for members of every status level, so all completed 2021 nights automatically roll over and count toward 2022 tier qualifications.
- Continuing flexibility of certain benefits for U.S. Hilton Honors American Express Card Members through Dec. 31, 2022.
- Free Weekend Night Certificates, including those issued in 2022 can continue to be used any night of the week (not just on weekends).
- Hilton Honors Bonus Points earned from eligible purchases on any Hilton Honors American Express Card will continue to count as Base Points toward Elite tier qualification and Lifetime Diamond status through Dec. 31, 2022.
Hilton has been one of the most customer friendly loyalty programs during the pandemic. It has now offered another extension to benefits, after a similar move late last year.
You will have more time to use your Elite Status perks, you can use Free Weekend Night Certificates on any day of the week, and status will be easier to earn next year.
Let us know how these changes affect you!