Hilton Extends Expiration for Free Night Reward Certificates
Hilton has reached out to Hilton Honors member to announce another change. Hilton is extending the expiration date of the Free Night Reward(s) certificates. Let’s take a look at this new announcement and the rest of the policy changes.
Update 11/23/21: Here are the newly extended dates.
- Free Weekend Night Rewards issued through June 30, 2020 have been extended and will now expire July 1, 2022.
- Free Weekend Night Rewards issued between July 1 – December 31, 2020 expire 24 months from date of issuance.
- Free Weekend Night Rewards issued between January 1 – December 31, 2021 will expire December 31, 2022.
- Free Weekend Night Rewards issued between January 1 – December 31, 2022 will expire 12 months from the date of issuance.
A reminder that any free night certificates earned in 2022 can be used any day of the week too.
Weekend Night Rewards
For all unexpired Weekend Night Rewards as of March 11, 2020, and all new ones issued until August 30, 2020, the expiration date is extended through the end of next summer (August 31, 2021). There is no need for you to do anything, as your certificate(s) are being automatically updated in our systems.
Cancellation and Change Policy
Due to coronavirus, Hilton is making adjustments to individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Government Restrictions. In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full refunds. Please see below for the latest information on region specific travel waivers.
- For guests traveling to, through or from China with stays from January 23–March 31, 2020.
- For guests traveling to, through or from Italy with stays from February 24–April 30, 2020.
- For guests traveling to, through or from South Korea with stays from February 24–March 31, 2020.
- For guests traveling to, through or from Saudi Arabia with stays from February 27–March 31, 2020.
- For guests traveling to, through or from Israel with stays from March 10–March 31, 2020.
- For guests traveling between the US and the following European countries from March 13 – April 12, 2020: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are booked between today and April 30, 2020 for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the Hilton website, app or call center, please contact the Hilton Guest Assistance team. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.
Points & Status
Since the current travel environment may limit your ability to stay at Hilton properties, the hotel chain has made the following changes:
- Expiration of all points scheduled to expire between now and May 31, 2020 is paused.
- Updates to the requirements for earning tier status for 2021. Since the situation is still evolving, it is too early to make and announce specific changes. Hilton will share details as soon as possible.
See more details here.