Hotel Point Expiration Policies
Last week we created a resource page with all of the policies relating to airline program mileage expiration. This week, we’ve compiled this resource to give you the policy for the main hotel loyalty programs. Each program name contains the link to their loyalty program terms and conditions to make it easier for you to find any information you’re looking for.
Ways to Keep Points Alive
For most of the programs listed below, your points will expire after a specified period of “inactivity”. The most popular ways to keep your points from expiring are to complete a stay or redeem points for an award night. The majority of the programs will also consider any activity that changes your points balance as qualifying activity with a few notable exceptions listed under the specific loyalty program.
Hotel Point Expiration policies by Loyalty Program
Best Western Rewards – Points Never expire
Choice Privileges – Points expire after 18 Months with no qualifying activity
- Qualifying point-eligible stay (earning points, miles, or Amtrak Guest Rewards points),
- Redeeming Choice Privileges points (free nights, gift cards etc.)
- Earning points with the Choice Privileges Visa® card (US members only)
- Purchasing points
- Referring a Friend*
Hilton Honors – Points expire after 12 Months with no qualifying activity
- stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
- earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
- purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
- donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.
IHG Rewards Club – All points will expire after 12 months if there’s no account activity. But it’s easy to maintain your points balance.
- Just earn or redeem once a year through any of our IHG hotels or partners.
- Earn elite status- points never expire for elite members
Le Club AccorHotels –Rewards points are valid for 12 months after your check-out date.
- This validity period is extended by 365 days each time a stay/event resulting a credit of Status points is recorded on your account.
Marriott Bonvoy – Points expire after 24 Months with no qualifying activity
- Earning or redeeming points (excluding the following activities
- Gifting or transferring Points; however, converting Points to Miles or Miles to Points does count toward maintaining an active status;
- Receiving Points as a gift or transfer; or
- Earning Points through social media programs, such as #BonvoyPoints.
Radisson Rewards Points – Points expire after 24 Months with no qualifying activity
Wyndham Rewards– Points expire after 18 Months with no qualifying activity AND Regardless of Activity 48 months after they are earned
World of Hyatt – Points expire after 24 Months with no qualifying activity
- Receive points (earned on eligible stay/spend at a participating Hyatt or M life Rewards destination, etc.)
- Redeem points (free night stays, room upgrades, Dining, Spa & More, Avis car rentals, etc.)
- Receive credit with a travel partner or M life Rewards Tier Credits for a stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort
- Gift eligible awards to another member (as permitted under the World of Hyatt terms)
- Convert points into miles/credit with a travel partner
- Purchase points
- Combine points with another World of Hyatt member’s account
- Have an active Hyatt Credit Card associated with your World of Hyatt account