Hyatt 20% Off Promo 2018
World of Hyatt seems to regularly send out different promotions which are of limited value. This time, they are seemingly sending out promos for 20% off stays in random cities. Both myself and PDX Deals Guy (both top-tier Globalists) received a form of this offer, but for different cities. Let’s take a look.
My Offer: Book your next getaway on hyatt.com at participating hotels in Denver and San Antonio and enjoy 20% off the Standard Rate when you book by May 25, 2018 and stay by September 3, 2018
PDX Deal Guy’s Offer: Book your next getaway on hyatt.com at participating hotels in Southern California and enjoy 20% off the Standard Rate when you book by May 25, 2018 and stay by September 3, 2018.
- Offer applied to Hyatt‘s Standard Rate.
- Offer must be booked on Hyatt.com with the offer code provided in the email.
- Offer valid for one booking made from April 16, 2018 to May 25, 2018 for stays from April 16, 2018 to September 3, 2018
- A limited number of rooms are allocated to this offer; reservations subject to availability.
- Offer is not transferrable and offer code may only be used once.
- Offer not valid with groups, conventions or other promotional offers, tour packages or special rate programs.
- Rate is per room, per night, based on double occupancy. Additional charges may apply for additional guests or room type upgrades. Offer blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply.
- Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
In addition to the above terms which are the same across offers, each separate offer has a specific list of hotels where the offer is accepted. For example, my Denver/San Antonio offer includes: Grand Hyatt Denver, Grand Hyatt San Antonio, Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center, Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center, Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa & Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk.
Essentially this seems like a 20% discount at full service Hyatt locations. The 20% discount is off of the Standard Rate which means it probably isn’t as good as it looks. Often Hyatt runs member’s specials which take off a similar amount. Corporate codes can often save more if you are eligible as well.
In the end this is a hyper-targeted offer and I’m not quite sure how they chose which cities to discount. I actually have a trip to San Antonio during the offer period, but will have to compare to see if it makes sense to use this promo or if I should use another discount or just points.
Did you receive a version of this offer? What cities were targeted for? Let us know in the comments!