Note: This post is sponsored by IHG Hotels & Resorts
IHG One Rewards Launch
A few months ago IHG Hotels & Resorts announced a major refresh for their brand and loyalty program. At the time we learned of new elite tiers coming to the program and later we saw a full refresh of their Chase co-branded credit card offerings, but now we have learned about the rest of the changes. IHG One Rewards is now live with a new name & logo, new elite benefits and much more flexibility for members than before. Let’s dive in.
Welcome to IHG One Rewards
IHG Hotels & Resorts has announced their new loyalty program called IHG One Rewards. With the new name comes a new logo featuring a singular “One” icon. Here is how the company describes the new name and its meaning.
The “One” in IHG One Rewards is a nod to the long-term values of our new program – “One You” – a celebration of individuality and “One Future” – our commitment to make a positive impact for our people, our communities and our planet.
IHG One Rewards Elite Tiers & New Benefits
As of April 13, 2022 IHG One Rewards features five elite membership tiers with increased earn bonuses across the board. They have also added perks like late checkout to all elite tiers and other benefits for their Platinum and top-tier Diamond Elite members. Let’s take a look at the new IHG One Rewards elite status tiers & benefits and then I’ll highlight some of the more exciting changes below.
New IHG One Rewards Member Benefits
As part of the re-brand several new elite benefits will be added to the program in early June. Let me break down what I think are some of the more exciting and significant benefits for IHG One Rewards members:
- Late Check-Out – All program members from the “Club” level all the way up to Diamond Elite will receive a late 2pm check-out (subject to availability)
- Free breakfast choice for Diamond Elite members – Top-tier Diamond Elite members will have the choice of a free hot breakfast for two as their welcome amenity. This benefit will be available at most IHG Hotels & Resorts full service properties
- Rewards Nights Discounts – Platinum and Diamond Elite members receive exclusive access to rewards night discount promotions
- More Upgrades – Platinum & Diamond Elite members will have more opportunities to receive early check-in as well as room upgrades (subject to availability)
- Dedicated Diamond Support – Diamond Elite members will have access to a dedicated support team
In addition to increased earning and the new benefits coming in early June, IHG One Rewards will also feature Milestone Rewards. Milestone Rewards allow members to choose the perks that matter most to them. Starting at 20 nights, members will have a choice of rewards every 10 nights until they hit 100 nights stayed under the program. Here is what the Milestone Rewards program looks like:
A Closer Look at IHG One Rewards’ Milestone Rewards
Milestone Rewards are given at every 10 nights stayed beginning at just 20 nights. This is lower than offerings from their competitors. As part of the program members can choose a variety of perks at different levels. Let’s take a closer look at each one.
- Bonus points – Bonus points can be chosen starting at 20 nights and are available at every milestone level
- Food & beverage rewards – Food & beverage vouchers are good for up to a maximum of $20 per voucher
- Confirmable suite upgrade – At 20, 40 and 70 nights members can choose a confirmable suite upgrade. This allows a member to confirm a standard suite 14 or more days before their stay by calling IHG One Rewards. Each confirmable suite upgrade certificate can be used for one stay of up to 5 nights
- Annual lounge membership – This perk can be chosen at 40 or 70 nights and includes a lounge membership that is good for the rest of the calendar year in which it was earned plus the next 12 months. It allows lounge access for up to two people at most IHG Hotels & Resorts properties
New IHG One Rewards App
In addition to the increased earning opportunities, new elite tiers and benefits and Milestone Rewards, IHG One Rewards is launching a brand new app as well. The app offers streamlined booking and allows members to stay informed, check-in faster, connect to the hotel and travel with flexibility. It will be rolling out soon to all IHG One Rewards members.
IHG One Rewards Launch – Bottom Line
IHG Hotels & Resorts is making big waves with the launch of their new IHG One Rewards program. It offers the flexibility & perks that many travelers are looking for. As part of the changes IHG One Rewards has added better earning, better upgrades, late checkout, free breakfast and more. The Milestone Rewards program also adds valuable rewards like lounge access, confirmable suite upgrades and food & beverage credit. Overall this new program offers members much more control than ever before.
Cover Photo: Six Senses Fiji – Courtesy IHG Hotels & Resorts