IHG Rewards Club 2017 Category Changes
While some hotel loyalty programs like Hilton HHonors have moved to incremental quarterly award chart adjustments, many companies only change the categories of their properties once per year. With the new year brings new categories for many properties. IHG Rewards Club has just released the list of their 2017 changes including about 650 properties that are moving either up or down. These changes go into effect on January 15, 2017.
The full list is contained within this PDF document and it is hard to wade through given the number of properties, but here is what I noticed:
- The vast majority of properties that are changing are in the U.S.
- Most of the properties changing are Holiday Inn Express or Holiday Inn brands on the lower to middle-end.
- Even more properties are joining the 60K tier that was introduced last year. Among them are Intercontinental hotels in Los Angeles, Boston, Washington DC, Okinawa and Syndey.
- The 55K category is shrinking with only one addition, but the loss of 3 properties that moved up to 60K.
- China is a mixed bag with some IC hotels going up a category and some going down.
- India is getting cheaper pretty much across the board.
Thankfully IHG didn’t slip in another price increase surprise like we saw last year. This list is full of minor adjustments without many surprises. Did you notice any properties on the list that are a value or a surprise? Please share your thoughts on the IHG Rewards Club 2017 category changes below!
HT: Doctor of Credit