Our Most Expensive Trips, When To Pick Cash Over Points & Are The Sapphire Changes All That Good?
In this episode of the Miles to Memories podcast Bethany Walsh from Bougie Miles joins us to discuss the recent changes Chase made to their Sapphire cards. Why is Chase Sapphire Reserve getting very little love and does it make sense over the now supercharged Sapphire Preferred?
Plus we’ll also dive into the economics of Mark’s Alaska trip including why he paid so much cash for it compared to only using points. We’ll also go over our most expensive trips ever, debate when you should use cash or points to pay for a trip and discuss how awesome Pacific Time is!
- 04:10 – An unexpected suite at Vegas’ newest hotel
- 06:46 – When to use points or cash when booking travel
- 12:17 – How Bethany opened Mark’s eyes about using cash instead of the cheapest points option
- 14:09 – Miles and points with business deductions (Not legal or financial advice.)
- 17:28 – The economics of a travel hacked Alaska trip
- 21:14 – The most expensive cash trips we have ever taken
- 26:20 – How you could save even more on booking Alaska
- 28:13 – Chase makes big update to Sapphire Cards
- 32:43 – Sapphire Preferred vs. Citi Premier
- 34:17 – Chase Sapphire Reserve changes
- 36:18 – Upgrading and downgrading Chase cards and what you should know
- 39:26 – Is it worth pursuing World of Hyatt status with the new card offer?
- 41:50 – Citi/Sears bonkers 15X spending offer
If you love the podcast and would like more content be sure to join our Diamond Lounge. There are weekly shows about spending, award bookings, an expert interview show with outside guests and a Diamond member spotlight show plus a Facebook and Discord group to chat and share tips. We will have quarterly group meet ups when the pandemic is over as well (first one scheduled for August!).
You can subscribe to the podcast on:
Thanks for reading, watching and listening. Have a great day!