Epic Trip – International First Class, Maldives & Quirks of Southeast Asia with Han Chicago!
In this episode of the Miles to Memories podcast Han from Chicago joins Shawn & Mark to discuss his recent epic trip to the Maldives & Southeast Asia which included international first. business & even economy class, fancy hotels & a lot more along the way. We’ll dive into redemptions, product reviews & discuss why you should definitely plan a trip to Asia.
- 03:49 Planning Han’s whirlwind international trip
- 08:26 Maldives redemptions & terrible airport
- 10:18 Flying Etihad economy & Abu Dhabi First Class Lounge
- 14:14 Qatar award including A380 & leased Cathay 777
- 16:51 Maldives regrets & overwater bungalow experience
- 19:22 Southeast Asia mall culture
- 23:35 KL Batu Cave, monkeys & Petronas Towers
- 27:40 FHR in Southeast Asia – Mandarin KL & Conrad Singapore
- 29:55 Singapore Hawker Centers
- 37:39 Big trips in the age of Covid & what to consider
- 38:55 Upgrading Swiss business award & first class experience
- 43:45 Han’s favorite international First Class products
- 49:09 Takeaways from this epic trip
- 54:44 Why you should travel to Asia