Delta Award Sale Africa
You say Award and I’ll say Sale. Award….Sale…..Award……SALE! While I have long been indifferent at best towards the SkyMiles program, I do have to admit that many of their award sales have been quite good lately if they work within your needs/schedule. Let’s take a look at their latest.
From deep-sea diving to desert treks, there’s no place like Africa. Grab a great deal to select destinations across this beautiful continent when you book by November 7, 2018, for travel between January 10 and March 19, 2019.
Here is a selection of some of the routes which are on sale:
- Washington Dulles to Johannesburg – 64K miles roundtrip
- New York JFK to Johannesburg – 64K miles roundtrip
- Fort Lauderdale to Johannesburg – 70K miles roundtrip
- San Diego/Phoenix to Johannesburg – 86K miles roundtrip
There are more routes on sale with miles and even some cash fares as low as $800. You can find all of the details on the offer page.
Need to Know
- Origins & Destinations – Round-trip fares and Award tickets for travel in Main Cabin from select U.S. cities to Africa.
- Purchase By – Tickets must be purchased no later than November 7, 2018.
- Travel Period – Travel between U.S. and Africa permitted between January 10, 2019 and March 19, 2019.
- Advance Purchase – 28 days
- Minimum Stay – 7 days
- Maximum Stay – 3 months
While Delta used to only charge 30K one-way as a Saver to Africa, the days of a published award chart are long gone. Most other carriers charge around 40K one-way, meaning that the 64K-70K fares can be a decent value. If this sale works within your plans, then it could be good. The key to any Delta award sale is to have a need within the narrow scope of the sale. Some will complain, but it’s a way to cash out those old Skypesos for a decent value.