Happy Memorial Day weekend! Here is a quick review of news and interesting items from the past week.
- IHG’s world famous Point Breaks list will be released on Tuesday 5/27/14. They did preview a few of the properties which will be included. Here they are. I will have the full list and analysis on Tuesday.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Bangkok- Lumpini Park, Thailand
- Crowne Plaza Johannesburg-The Rosebank, South Africa
- Hotel Indigo San Jose Forum, Costa Rica
- Holiday Inn Hotel Laval- Montreal, Canada
- Holiday Inn Hotel Frankfurt – Airport, Germany
- Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Expo, Mexico
- Barclay’s announced major changes to their US Airways credit card including the elimination of companion certificates, first class check-in & miles towards elite status. They are adding a few benefits as well including a 10% mileage rebate on redemptions. Gary has the details.
- Chase added Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer program as a transfer partner to their Ultimate Rewards program! This is good news since many of Singapore’s awards including their popular “Suites” are only bookable with KrisFlyer miles.
- Travel Is Free has a great piece on some of the world’s best ruins and how to see them for free by using points & miles.
- There were some fantastic deals this week including a fuel dump fare from the U.S. to Asia via Europe for $130 and roundtrip to Europe from select U.S. cities starting at $345. Here is one quick tool I use to evaluate how good a deal really is.
- Speaking of deals, learn how to set up alerts so that you will know about the next big deal before the masses.
- Week 2 of Daily Getaways starts tomorrow. Here is my analysis of the deals.
- Southwest Airlines has extended their schedule out until January 4, 2015 making it possible to book many of their new international routes for later this year.
- The Deal Mommy is gauging interest for a family travel meetup. Sounds interesting.
Well I guess that is it for today. Was there anything interesting that I missed? Please let me know in the comments. Enjoy your weekend!