$100 off $100 with Orbitz Cyber Monday Deal
As I mentioned a few days ago, Orbitz is offering $100 off of a $100 or more booking on Cyber Monday when you use Visa Checkout to pay and use the code “VISACHECKOUT”. I have tried to find out more information about the promotion. Here is what I know.
Details of the Orbitz Cyber Monday Promotion
- The hotel has to be “PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE”. This excludes most brand name hotels. You can find out which hotels will be eligible ahead of time by searching with the code “TRAVELHAPPY”. This code takes off 20%. You won’t use this code when booking, but any hotels eligible with this code should work with the Cyber Monday promotion. This way you can scout hotels befor the promo goes live. When the promo is live, search and complete your booking with the code, “VISACHECKOUT” to get the discount.
- The deal is good for bookings with stay dates between December 1, 2014 & June 30, 2015.
- Limit of one discount per hotel room and one code per booking. This would seem to mean that you can use this code multiple times as long as it is in separate booking.
- Orbitz claims to have $1,000,000 available for this promotion according to their promotion page. That would add up to 10,000 discounts. (Meaning this deal probably won’t last long.)
What we don’t know:
Update: The deal has reached its maximum number of redemptions as of approximately 10:45am PST/12:45pm CST. It is no longer active.
- They have not published what time the deal will go live. I am assuming that it will go live at
Midnight Eastern on 12/1/2014 maybe Midnight Central?, but that is just a guess. I have reached out to Orbitz for clarification, but have not heard back.
- The promotion page doesn’t list the terms, but we have found the basic terms of the promotion code here.
Analysis of Orbitz Cyber Monday Deal
So this promotion will give you $100 off of a hotel booking of $100 or more. Based on my experiences with past discounts, I wouldn’t expect the $100 code to include taxes.
Most likely you will have to find a hotel with a room rate of $100 or if you are booking multiple nights, the combined rates will have to be $100 or more. This is not detailed in the terms, but is my opinion based on past experiences. Hopefully I am wrong.
I sincerely wish that Orbitz would publish more details about this promotion, but at this point I doubt that it will happen. I don’t expect the discount to last for long once it goes live. With only 10,000 available (based on their $1,000,000 language), it shouldn’t last long. Don’t expect this discount to be there in the morning if it indeed goes live at midnight.
It may be a good idea to make sure you have your Orbitz and Visa Checkout accounts setup ahead of time to make sure you can checkout in a timely manner. While I wouldn’t expect the deal to run out in minutes, that is not beyond the realm of possibility.
This will be an amazing discount for those who are able to get in on it. Orbitz is a huge company, so I am fairly confident that this promotion will work as promised. (Once again the promo code is: VISACHECKOUT.)
With that said, I really wish they would publish more detailed terms and that they would say what time the code goes live. Good luck to everyone. I hope you can save some serious money on upcoming stays with this Orbitz Cyber Monday deal.