Qatar Airways Travel Festival Great Fares
Qatar Airways is holding its annual sale with discounted airfares in both economy and business class. Some routes also receive up to an additional 15% off if you use a Visa card.
Get 2017 off to a flying start with the Qatar Airways Travel Festival and receive an additional discount of up to 15% on Economy or Premium Class tickets when you book your flights using your Visa card. Enter the promo code ‘VISA’ when you book your tickets between 9-16 January 2017 for travel between 11 January and 15 December 2017.*
- Sales period: January 9-16, 2017
- Offer valid for travel from January 11 to December 15, 2017. Blackout dates apply.
- Offer valid on Qatar Airways operated flights for Visa cardholders only.
- Purchases can only be made through www.qatarairways.com by entering the promotional code “VISA” at the time of booking.
- Qatar Airways will not be responsible for any fare differences if customers fail to enter the given promotional code at the time of booking.
- Fares displayed will already include the applicable discounts.
- The Visa additional discount applies to eligible Qatar Airways Travel Festival fares.
- Discount applies to air fare only.
You can find the full details and terms here.
God Save the Points has done some searching and found the following deals:
- $475 roundtrip Atlanta To Kuala Lumpur (Economy)
- $500 roundtrip Los Angeles To Jakarta (Economy)
- $625 roundtrip New York To Dubai (Economy)
- $2000 roundtrip Los Angeles To Singapore (Business)
- $1900 roundtrip New York To Singapore (Business)
Ironically on the Los Angeles to Singapore route, if I use the Visa code on Qatar’s website then I get the same price as above, but with Google Flights and no promo code, I was able to find fares for $1718-$1722 roundtrip.
One Mile at a Time explains how these fares earn with AA’s partner award chart. Let’s just say you earn significantly more miles, EQMs and EQDs by flying Qatar than you would if you flew American. For example the LAX-SIN business class fare would net you 36,488 EQMs, $4,865 EQDs, and about 53K redeemable miles if you are an Executive Platinum.
This is a great deal, although most of the sale fares do require a 7 day minimum stay which can make them tough for a mileage run. For more information on maximizing these fares, I recommend visiting the links above!