Qatar Offers 25% Transfer Bonus From Citi and HSBC
Qatar Airways Privilege Club has launched a new promotion, offering a bonus of 25% for those who transfer points from Citi or HSBC. In case you’re not aware, Qatar now uses Avios as its loyalty program currency. Let’s see the details of this latest promotion.
For a limited time only, collect 25% bonus Avios when converting your bank reward points into Avios by 30 November 2023. Here’s how to convert your reward points:
- Log in to the rewards account that you have with your bank.
- Choose to convert your reward points into Avios with Qatar Airways Privilege Club.
- Enjoy bonus Avios credited to your Privilege Club account.
The bonus is offered by Qatar Airways Privilege Club. They’re actually offering a bonus for transfer from many other loyalty programs, but only Citi and HSBC are relevant for US based readers.
Participating partners include: Ahlibank, Ahli United Bank, ahlibank Oman, Cathay United Bank, CBQ, Citibank, CTBC Bank, Doha Bank, Dukhan Bank, Emirates Islamic, HSBC Hong Kong, HSBC Sri Lanka, HSBC USA, Hyundai Card – AMEX, Kasikorn Bank, Kuwait Finance House, Mashreq, Ping An E-wallet, QIIB, QNB.
- Privilege Club members will earn bonus Avios upon converting Rewards Points from a participating partner into Avios. The bonus Avios awarded will be 25% for all transactions from 11 November 2023 to 30 November 2023 of the number of base Avios (means Avios converted from Rewards Points as per the set conversion ratio) converted in a single transaction. The bonus Avios awarded will remain 30% for all transactions during initial Campaign Period (from 1 November 2023 to 10 November 2023).
- The minimum conversion of base Avios in one single transaction needs to be 1,000 or above to be eligible to earn the bonus Avios.
- The bonus Avios will be calculated per transaction and not on the cumulative sum of base Avios converted from Reward Points during the Campaign Period.
- Once Avios are credited to your Privilege Club account, after converting your Reward Points into Avios, the transaction will not be reversed
Previously we have seen bonuses as high as 30%, so this is not the best offer. However it gets pretty close, and it is useful for those looking for more Qatar Avios.
Some of the sweet spots of this program include flying Qsuites to Doha, New Zealand and more.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.