Sears Gift Card Promotion
Sears is running a holiday promotion on their gift cards. Normally they do not payout portal cashback on the purchase of gift cards, however that has changed for the next few days. Almost every major cashback portal is offering this promotion.
Here are the best rates from portals that specifically mention the sale:
Stack for 27% Off
So you might be wondering how I get to the 27% off number. Well, there is currently a $10 off $50+ Amex Offer available. (Details and how to load here.) If you use an Amex card that is linked to the offer to purchase a $50 eGift card then the math works out like this.
- Cost of card: $50
- Amex Offer: $-10
- 7% Cashback: -$3.50
- Final cost: $36.50
- Discount off face value: 27%
Need to Know
- This portal promotion runs from 12/20-12/22
- As of now only cashback portals are offering the deal. Mileage portals are not participating as of yet.
- Purchasing physical gift cards will not trigger the Amex Offer since they are technically sold by Kmart. Purchasing eGift cards works well.
- Sears isn’t in the best financial shape, so I personally wouldn’t buy more than I would plan to use/sell in the short term.
You can resell Sears gift cards for over 80% of face value depending on who you are selling to, so this could be a profitable venture as well. Considering the Sears Amex Offer is still available to be loaded, this is a great deal and one that any Amex cardholder can get in on.