Southwest Gifting Some Customers Free A-List Status
Southwest is offering some people the opportunity to get a taste of A-List perks for three months. The offer was sent out by email in recent days, and if targeted, you can get status right away, with no requirements.
The email that was sent out offers the free promotional A-list status benefits through June 30, 2021. This includes things like Priority boarding, 25% points bonus on qualified flights and more. You need to register to get A-list status. You can find the registration link under the “promotions” tan in your account online.
While the terms of the offer say that you must register prior to booking in order to receive A-List benefits, it seems to work for existing bookings as well. It also seems to be instant, upon registration, even though terms say that it might take up to 72 hours.
- Member must register for this promotion between March 26 and June 30, 2021 (“Promotional Time Period”) to qualify for promotional A-List status through June 30, 2021.
- Log in to your account at Southwest.com® to verify your promotional A-List status.
- During the Promotional Time Period you will not receive an A-List card, but you will receive all A-List status benefits on all flights booked after registering when you provide your Rapid Rewards account number in your reservation.
- Valid on new reservations booked and flown within the Promotional Time Period only.
A-list status comes with the following benefits:
- Priority boarding for everyone on your reservation
- Fly By® priority check-in and security access lanes (where available)
- Dedicated A-List phone line, reserved check-in
- Free same-day standby
- 25% earning bonus on all eligible revenue Southwest® flights.
Check your emails and hopefully you are targeted for this offer. In the past these offers have also popped up in people’s accounts, so it could be worth a look there as well.
Normally you would need 25 qualifying one-way flights or 35,000 TQPs in a calendar year to earn A-List status. Getting if for free for three months is a nice way to make your Southwest flights more enjoyable.
HT: Frequent Miler