New Southwest Sale for Flights Through February 2023
Southwest Airlines has launched a new fare sale today to travel through the end of the year and the early months of 2023. Southwest is advertising one-way fares as low as $59 or $79, but you might be able to find even cheaper prices on a select few routes.
In order to take advantage of this sale, you need to book your flights by August 26 and at least 21 days before your travel date. The eligible travel window is between September 6, 2022 and February 15, 2023.
There are some blackout dates to be aware of, since the end of the year is a popular time for travel. Those dates include November 17 through 29, 2022 and December 15, 2022 through January 9, 2023.
As you know, you can book Southwest flights with now worries, even if you are not 100% sure of your travel dates. You can always cancel your award flights for free and get all of your points back. And now you can also cancel paid fares and receive a refund in the form of credit that never expires.
Even if you have flights that fall within the promotion window, this is a good time to double check prices and rebook if you find cheaper fares. Here’s the link to the promotion page.
- Purchase from August 16 through August 26, 2022, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Travel valid September 6, 2022 through February 15, 2023. Interisland Hawaii travel is excluded.
- Travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Seats and days are limited.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares and Wanna Get Away Plus™ fares.
We see Southwest sales from time to time, usually on Tuesdays. This is a good time to book, or rebook, at lower prices. Check flights now if you are planning to fly Southwest in the next six months. And as always, let us know if you grab any good deals!
Capital One Venture X Business earns 2X miles on everyday purchases plus up to 10X in bonus categories. You also get access to Capital One lounges plus an annual travel credit & anniversary bonus. Right now you earn bonus_miles_full.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.