Apply for Venmo Credit Card and Earn Up to 6% Back till End of Year
Venmo recently released a credit card that lets you earn cash back and syncs seamlessly with the Venmo app. The card has no annual fee and an interesting earning structure where you can get 3% cash back on your top spending category. Now, you can get double cash back for all your spend as part of a limited time signup bonus. Let’s see how this offer works.
Double up your rewards with a special bonus. Now through December 31st, earn 6% cash back on your eligible top spend category, 4% on the next, and 2% on all other purchases. After the bonus period ends, earn up to 3% cash back every month.
Apply now through July 31st to be eligible for the double cash back bonus.
The Venmo Credit Card offers up to 3% in cash back. Here’s the breakdown:
- 3% (doubled to 6%) cash back on the category in which you spend the most. Eligible categories include:
- & more
- 2% (doubled to 4%) back on the second-highest category
- 1% (doubled to 2%) back on all other purchases:
- In the Spend Category “Other.”
- In a Spend Category other than the Top Spend and the Second Top Spend Categories.
- When using your Card Account to send money to other Venmo users through your Venmo account.
- That exceed, in whole or in part, the annual spend limit of $10,000 in your combined 3% and 2% Spend Categories beginning the first Statement Period following your Anniversary Date.
- No annual fee.
The first and second highest spending categories will be automatically detected each month based on where you spend the most. So you do not have to activate any categories. There are a total or 8 categories available: grocery, dining and nightlife, travel, gas, transportation, bills and utilities, health and beauty, and entertainment. Throughout the month, you’ll be able to see what your top spending categories are.
As part of this offer, new Venmo Credit Card members can earn up to 6% cash back on the category they spend the most throughout the month. There are no limits stated and some popular categories are included, such as grocery, dining, travel, gas, and more. You have until the end of the year to earn double rewards, so that gives you almost 7 months.
The card normally doesn’t have a signup bonus, although we have seen targeted offers for $150 in the past.