Wells Fargo Offering $200 Bonus for New Checking Accounts
Wells Fargo is once again offering a signup bonus for new checking account. This offer is available online and in-branch but only in select cities. There’s no direct deposit required, only debit purchases.
Here’s how to qualify for your $200 bonus:
- Open a new, eligible consumer checking account in a branch or an Everyday Checking account online, with a minimum opening deposit of $25, by June 29, 2018.
- For 3 consecutive months, make a minimum of 10 posted purchases/payments per month, of at least $1 each, with your new Wells Fargo Debit Card.
- 10 posted debit card purchases/payments within first 45 days from account open
- 10 additional posted debit card purchases/payments within the next 30 days
- 10 additional posted debit card purchases/payments within the last 30 days
Your $200 bonus will be deposited into your new Everyday Checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met.
The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account monthly service fee is $10. It can be avoided with:
- $1,500 minimum daily balance
- $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments
- A linked Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card.
- You cannot be:
- A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
- A Wells Fargo team member
- A recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit one bonus per customer)
- Offer available only in the following participating locations (branch and online): Austin, TX; Charleston, SC; Charlottesville, VA; Columbia, SC; Columbus, GA; El Paso, TX-NM, Fresno-Visalia, CA; Ft. Myers-Naples, FL; Greensboro, NC; Greenville, SC-NC; Harlingen, TX; Houston, TX; Idaho Falls, ID; Las Vegas, NV; Reno, NV; Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA; Savannah, GA; Tampa, FL; Tucson (Sierra Vista), AZ; West Palm Beach, FL.
Wells Fargo has run a similar promotion in the past, and actually they had an even better bonus of $250 earlier in the year. If you already got that bonus, you do not qualify, since you can only get one Wells Fargo consumer checking bonus per 12 months.
To get this bonus you just need to open an Everyday Checking account by June 29th with at least $25 and complete 10 purchases/payments per month for the first three months. They need to be at least $1 each. You need to keep a $1,500 minimum daily balance to avoid the $10 monthly charge.
This is a nice bonus that can be done from home. But it is only available in select cities. Requirements are easy to meet, so even if you not familiar with bank bonuses, this one could be a good first step.