100K Amex Business Platinum Offer – Limited Time Offer
American Express just launched a limited time increased offer for Amex Business Platinum. Who doesn’t love 100,000 point offers? I mean look at all of those ZEROS! There is only one problem, the large welcome offer also comes with a large spending target. That got me wondering, is this 100K Amex Business Platinum offer a good one? Who is it good for and who should wait for a different one? Let’s answer those questions.
Details of the Offer
Here are the details for the limited time offer which is good until 12/4/19:
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000
- Earn an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- The $595 annual fee is NOT waived
- LEARN MORE
Notable Perks of the Card
There are many perks that come with the Amex Business Platinum card but I will only highlight the key ones:
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards points on flights & hotels booked through Amex Travel.
- Earn 1.5 points on purchases of $5,000 or more
- Get a 35% rebate when you pay with points for your selected or qualifying airline (a value of 1.5 cents per MR point)
- $200 airline incidental credit per calendar year (these are now harder to use)
- $100 semi annual credit to use at Dell
- $100 Global Entry or TSA Precheck credit
- Priority Pass membership – without restaurant “lounge” access though
- Hilton Honors and Bonvoy Gold status
- Get a one year We Work membership
- LEARN MORE
There are a lot of valuable perks in there and if you max them out they will more than offset the $595 annual fee. They are getting harder to max out though.
Who Does This Offer Make Sense For
If your business makes you a big spender than this offer and this card makes sense. $25,000 of spend within a 3 month period is tough for most small businesses. And getting just 50,000 points for $10,000 in spend is not the best offer, if you tried to just go halfway.
If you pay quarterly taxes or filed for an extension on 2018 taxes then 100,000 Membership Rewards points could help you offset that cost. Just an option to consider since I know many business owners fall into this boat. Another option to consider is if you use Plastiq for your business at all. Those bills can rack up pretty quickly.
If you don’t think your business requires this level of spend then I would suggest waiting for one of the better offers. They have targeted some people for a 75,000 point offer after $5,000 in spend which is more doable for most.
While any 100K offer is an enticing offer this 100K Amex Business Platinum offer will not be for everyone. If your business requires a lot of spend then it could make sense for you (LEARN MORE).
I do like the rebate perk when you book cash flights with points. It puts it in line with the Chase Sapphire Reserve card but the Amex Platinum has more limitations.
If your business does not have enough spend to qualify for the offer you could always try for the 100K personal Platinum welcome offer. Otherwise I would wait for a more manageable offer on this card, or go for something like Chase Ink Cash or Chase Ink Preferred that has more manageable spending requirements.