$285 Bonus for New Chime Account
Chime is not one of our favorite banking accounts. But for $285 I would open an account again. That’s the bonus that you can earn right now through MyPoints. Swagbucks is also offering $250. Let’s check out the details.
Update 7/5/22: Offer is back but not quite as high as the one back in April / May.
Update 4/2/22: MyPoints is now the best offer for about $290. Swagbucks is at $250.
Update 3/11/22: This offer is back and the bonus is now $300 at Swagbucks. HT DDG
Open a bank account online with Chime, and you can earn a bonus up to $285. Here’s how it works:
- Must be a new Chime member and enroll before July 31, 2022
- Download the Chime App.
- Access your account number and routing number from the app.
- Add your account number and routing number to your payroll contact or service.
- Receive your first direct deposit and receive your first paycheck within 30 days.
- Must make a minimum first payroll deposit of $200 to qualify.
- By signing up for this offer you acknowledge that Chime will have to share your Direct Deposit status with its partner for points to be credited to your account.
- Please allow up to 90 days for SB to be credited to your account.
- You must use the same email address associated with your Swagbucks or MyPoints account when opening a bank account with Chime.
- Offer may only be completed once (1) per user.
$300 is the best bonus we have seen for opening a new Chime account but this offer comes close to that. it’s definitely worth doing if you don’t already have Chime. This offer has been glitchy for people in the past with both Swagbucks and MyPoints so be ready for a fight if they don’t post / track properly.
Just keep in mind that Chime has closed some accounts for no reason so I wouldn’t suggest keeping too much money in there for too long. Closures might have been for too many referrals or inactivity, but either way, they can so do without any explanation.