8X at Amazon, Target and Walmart with Amex Marriott Cards
American Express and Marriott Bonvoy are introducing new offers today to provide Card Members with more ways to earn points while shopping this holiday season. These offers get you a total of 8X points at several popular retailers. Let’s see the details.
Starting today (11/2), Marriott Bonvoy and Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card Members can enroll their Card and start earning 6 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points (for a total of 8 points) on each dollar spent on eligible purchases exclusively at Amazon, Target and Walmart, up to $3,500. Enrollment is open and the offer is valid until 12/27/2020.
Eligible Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card Members will also receive a special holiday offer in the coming weeks so they can make the most of their holiday business spending.
- Only purchases made with your Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card are eligible.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to the Basic Card Member.
- An “eligible transaction” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card on or before 12/27/2020.
- Purchases with Amazon must be made at Amazon’s US website or via the US Amazon mobile app. Purchases with Target must be made in-store at locations in the US, online at Target’s US website or by using Target’s US mobile app. Purchases with Walmart must be made in-store at locations in the US, online at Walmart’s US website or by using Walmart’s US mobile app.
- Amazon corporate gift cards and custom-designed gift cards are excluded.
- International sites owned and/or operated by Amazon or websites affiliated with/linked to/from Amazon, Amazon Go, Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, and Amazon Drive are excluded.
- Walmart purchases made at an international version of the merchant’s website are excluded. Online and in-store layaway, contact lens, photo services, recurring subscription services (for example, Beauty Box and Baby Box), insurance services, in store pharmacy transactions, auto services, protection plans, Walmart MoneyCenter, and Walmart Care Clinic are also excluded.
This is a great offer for Amex Marriott cardholders that want to earn some extra points while doing their holiday shopping. You should find the offer in your accounts now.
But also keep in mind that there are other cards out there that can earn you 5x on these purchases. For Amazon for example, there are several Chase spending offers that will get you 5X points. Walmart is a 5% bonus category this quarter for Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Flex. For Target, if you have a REDcard, you can always save 5%.