Cheap Fares to Europe on American Airlines
American Airlines currently has some amazing deals to Europe. Basically they are attacking United/Star Alliance hubs. The best part is that there is a ton availability including this Fall, around the holidays and even during Spring Break!
Now I’m never going to get a better flight deal than I did for this Spring Break, but I am seriously considering booking one of these flights for Spring Break 2017. Why? For a few reasons.
- Citi ThankYou points are worth 1.6 cents each towards American Airlines flights.
- I earn a lot of ThankYou points with my Citi AT&T Access More
- Baby Ellie will turn two just before the trip, so she needs her own ticket so I need to find a deal! 🙂
The fares are to/from the following cities:
- From: San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Washington DC & Newark
- To: Brussels, Munich, Frankfurt, Zurich and Vienna
Spring Breaking in Europe (Again)
For the dates of my son’s Spring Break, I managed to find roundtrip tickets from Denver to Frankfurt for $473. Or if you speak ThankYou like me (and you should), that is less than 30,000 points! I’m thinking we could do a little German road trip down to Switzerland, perhaps with a stop in Europa Park!
Other routes from SFO and to MUC and ZRH have similarly good deals. In the past these flights would have earned quite a few AAdvantage miles, but that won’t be the case anymore. There is also a cost of positioning to Denver, but luckily from LAS that should be less than $100 per person. To be truthful, we will probably just use Southwest points and the routes can often be found for about 5K roundtrip.
Need to Know
- You can search for flights on Google Flights and book with American directly or through an OTA.
- Loyalty Traveler has a good post with all of the relevant dates and other info!
Have you booked one of these flights for this year or next? Let us know your plans in the comments!