American Express Everyday Preferred, Targeted 40K Upgrade Offer
American Express is targeting some customers with a huge offer to upgrade to the American Express Everyday Preferred Card. Those who are targeted with this email offer can earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when upgrading. This is a huge offer that’s better than what you usually see as a welcome bonus for the American Express Everyday Preferred Card.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $2,000 on qualifying purchases on the Card, within the first 3 months of card membership.
- The $95 Annual Fee is pro-rated for the remainder of the cardmember year (about six months)
When you upgrade a card, it is considered a product change by American Express, rather than a new card application.
Crunching the Numbers
If you received this offer, then it is definitely worth it in my opinion. But just in case you need some convincing, let’s do some number crunching. The card earns 3X Points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per calendar year in purchases, and a 50% bonus on earn points when you make 30 purchases in a billing period. So you would earn
- Upgrade Bonus: 40,000 Membership Rewards points
- 2021 Grocery Spend: 27,000 Membership Rewards points ($6,000 limit earning 4.5 Membership Rewards points when meeting 30 transactions in a billing period)
- 2022 Grocery Spend: 27,000 Membership Rewards points (same math as above)
- Total: 94,000 Membership Rewards points
This is a great offer, so check your emails or even your accounts online to see if you are targeted. Make sure you keep the card for at least 12 months after upgrading because American Express could take away your bonus if you downgrade right away after receiving it.
Let us know if you have been targeted with this American Express Everyday Preferred upgrade offer!