American Express has a new targeted offer available for the Business Platinum card. The offers that we sent by email, have a 100K signup bonus. Let’s take a look at the details.
Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. All this and more, for an Annual Membership fee of $450.
There’s no link to offer. You need to have received an offer directly, or you can try calling in to check if they can extend you the offer. Doctor of Credit has more details on that.
- 5X points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- Use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of an eligible fare and get 35% of those points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- 1.5X Points per dollar on eligible purchases of $5,000 of more
- Access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across 120 countries
- Up to a $200 Credit a year for baggage fees and more on one airline
- 10 Gogo inflight internet passes annually and unlimited Wi-Fi at Boingo hotspots.
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre✔® ($85) with an eligible Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Upgrade to Gold status in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program without meeting any stay requirements.
- Hilton Honors™ Gold status
The bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points is one of the best bonuses we see on this card and it’s obviously a great opportunity.
This offer include the lifetime restriction that we usually see on Amex cards, so the welcome bonus offer is not available to applicants who have or have had this product, even if you were targeted, or are able to receive the offer by calling in.
If you are targeted and eligible, then another issue is completing the spending requirement, which isn’t very easy. You need to spend $10K within three months, and I would suggest to stay away fro manufactured spending, since Amex has been cracking down on those who use such methods to get bonuses.
This is one of the best offers you’ll see on this card, aside from the rare 150K offers. You need to have received an email offer in order to apply, or you can try your luck by calling in. If you’re eligible, then it’s definitely worth it, even with a $450 annual fee that is not waived.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.