Note: It is being reported (as recently as 6/18/20) that a new batch of people are being targeted for the Amex Platinum 100K offer on CardMatch. While CardMatch offers are subject to change at any time, if you were not targeted before you may be now! More info below.
Amex Platinum 100K Offer December 2019
From time to time CardMatch and American Express team up to provide the targeted Amex Platinum 100K offer to certain people. Earning 100,000 Membership Rewards points for one welcome offer is about as good as it gets in terms of welcome offers.
Cardmatch will also target people for other increased offers as well so it is worth checking. Some of these readers were not targeted before so this could be a new round of people getting it.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
The offer is showing for some people when searching for matched offers through CardMatch. Make sure you also click ‘All Matches’ on the left hand menu, if only ‘Pre-Qualified’ offers are showing. CardMatch is run by Bankrate and doesn’t impact your credit with a hard inquiry.
Since you can only get the bonus on the regular Amex Platinum card once, it is always nice to wait for the best bonus possible. I always suggest people wait for a 100,000 bonus to maximize their opportunity. I personally applied for this card during a similar offer before and have no hesitation recommending the Amex Platinum 100K offer to those who are targeted. Check out our Complete Guide to Platinum Card Benefits.
100K points are worth over $1,500 for most people and you get lots of extra perks with this card. As a quick reminder it comes with Centurion and Priority Pass lounge access, $200 in Uber credits per year, various elite statues and a $200 airline fee credit each calendar year. (See below for more benefits) Do keep in mind this card does have a $550 annual fee which is not waived.
If you do get this card we strongly urge you to meet your minimum spend without purchasing any type of gift cards. Some people have had Platinum bonuses clawed back for purchasing gift cards. For more info, read Caution: You Should Be Careful with Amex Bonuses, Clawbacks Could Happen Even If you Don’t MS.
While the American Express Platinum card used to come with a $450 annual fee, it was upgraded last year with added benefits, a metal design and a $100 annual fee increase. The $200 annual Uber credit was perhaps the main addition. Now you can also get free additional Gold Cards, which help you to get even more awesome Amex Offers.
Here’s a list of what this card offers:
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- Up to $200 in annual Uber savings
- Receive up to $200 airline fee credit
- Up to $100 in annual Saks Fifth Avenue credit
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck: Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Access to over 1,200+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Status
- Hilton Gold status
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
This is one of the best offers you’ll see on this card, aside from the rare 150K offers that we haven’t seen in a while. If you’re not able to get the 100K offer, you’re stuck with the public 60K bonus. For best point uses, here’s our Complete Guide to American Express Membership Rewards Points: Including Best Ways to Earn and Redeem Points.
Let us know how you do! 🙂
If you are unable to get the offer to show up make sure to check out our Best Offers Page for other great cards.