Amex Offers 230K Bonus for New Business Platinum and Business Checking
American Express is targeting some cardholders with a huge new bonus of up to 230,000 Membership Rewards points. This offer was sent by email as a “prescreened” offer, but there’s also a public link where you can check if you are eligible.
This new bonus involves opening a new Amex Business Platinum Card and an Amex Business Checking account. These are bonuses that we see regularly, including the increased 60,000 Membership Rewards bonus for the business checking account. But you also get an extra 20K for completing both. Let’s see the details.
Earn up to 230,000 Membership Rewards points with a new Business Platinum Card + Business Checking. Here’s how it works:
- Earn 150,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your new Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points when you open your first American Express Business Checking account, and:
- deposit a total of $5,000 or more in “new money” into your account within twenty (20) days
- maintain $5,000 average balance for sixty (60) days, starting on the date that your deposits of new money are equal to $5,000 or greater; and
- complete 10 qualifying transactions within sixty (60) days of account opening (ACH, Wire, and Bill Payments)
- Earn a bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points when you complete both offer.
You need to log in to see if you are eligible for this offer.
We have seen 150K offers for the Amex Business Platinum card frequently lately, and even 160K and even better by phone. The 60K offer for the Business Checking account is also a public offer.
But if you do both, you get an extra 20K for a total bonus of 230,000 Membership Rewards points. The account also lets you cash out your points at a value of 1 cent each. So you’re guaranteed to get a total bonus of at least $2,300 in value but possible more than that if you transfer points to travel partners.
This offer does not contain the lifetime language either, making it even more attractive.
Let us know if you are targeted!
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.