While this week wasn’t too busy news wise, I found a few interesting things that are worth of a mention. Lets take a look!
- Citi has a 75,000 mile offer for their Citi Executive Aadvantage card. This card comes with Admiral’s Club access along with other benefits. The Poor Student Blog has a write up with all of the details. (This is a direct link to Citi. I do not receive any referral commission from this offer.)
- Radio Shack is offering a minimum of $5 for each of your old electronic devices up to $25 total. You can find the details here.
- Hyatt is offering 100 free points to Gold Passport Members. The offer is supposed to be targeted, but many people including me have received the points already. I originally wrote about this offer a few days ago.
- I’m sure you will be hearing this all week, but United’s new devalued award chart goes into effect on February 1st. You can see the new award chart here.
- The new IHG Point Breaks list officially comes out tomorrow, but the company leaked the list in advance.
- In case you missed it we ran a detailed how-to regarding loading gift cards onto your Bluebird card.
- Thailand is once again in political turmoil. The Economist has a great article about what is going on and Andy Shuman at the Frugal Travel Guy has an article about visiting during the unrest. Hopefully recent events don’t effect tourism too much, because Thailand is probably my favorite country and I would hate to see the people suffer.
- Hilton announced their latest promotion. While it is weak compared to the promotions at other chains, something is better than nothing.
- Christopher Elliott ranted about how airlines sell a ton of miles and Gary Leff rebutted with some interesting information.
Did I miss any news that you think is worthwhile? Let me know in the comments!